Can't save photos from Facebook Messenger on my phone.

cmoyers

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've recently made the switch from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung Galaxy s5. I love the phone, but I've also ran into a problem. So here I am to pick the brains of all you knowledgeable people.

I use Facebook messenger on a regular basis to keep in contact with friends and family. We often trade pictures and I do save some of them that are sent to me. However, when I press the save image button in the chat, it doesn't save it anywhere in my gallery. Where are they going and how do I get them? Also, I have no option to save previously shared photos when I open the list of them.

I talked to my friend who has the same phone and he has an album that contains the messenger pictures and even updates when he's sent new ones. I asked him how he set it up and he said it did automatically. My instagram app did this for me and keeps a folder of ones I post, so I'm thinking it's possible for Facebook messenger to do the same.

Any help would be appreciated on this, as I've found nothing online to remedy the problem. Thanks so much in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Where are you saving the photos to? If it's to the SD card, that right there might be your problem. Only certain special apps are allowed to write to the SD card, and I doubt FB messenger is one of 'em.

cmoyers

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a SD card in my phone yet. This has me completely stumped.

I just use the save photo button from the menu when it will come up, but I don't know where it's putting them.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Wierd it should just save them to the gallery in a Messenger folder, works ok on mine. Have you tried deinstalling and reinstalling Messenger?

cmoyers

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've done that twice, thinking it may have been something I hit in the setup. I've also noticed that none of the other options it gives me work either.

Could it be a setting from my phone that's preventing Messenger from working right?

cmoyers

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So my phone randomly automatically updated the messenger app and now it all works. Weird. I guess it was something of a bug fix?

Anyway, thank you to all those who helped. I appreciate it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800