Why are videos on my Samsung Galaxy S5 stopping and then starting themselves again?

A

AC Question

videos on my samsung galaxy s5 stop and then start themselves again.

those are usually the ones shot with the phone itself. seems like the memory is getting overloaded and it cannot play the videos normally...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: videos on my samsung galaxy s5 stop and then start themselves again.

Welcome to Android Central! If you copy those videos to your computer and then play them there, do they stop and start the same way?

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I copied the videos to the computer and those played without any pauses.
I also wiped the cache but no any changes to the video playing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are the videos saving directly to an SD card? What happens if they save to Internal Storage? Do they play more smoothly from there?

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

The thing is that those are saved to the internal memory :( I don't have an sd card in my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Is it possible to increase the cache partition size? Have anybody experienced such an issue with video playback?

pyro530

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Check your settings. Look under Settings>Motions and Gestures>Mute/Pause>Smart Pause. If this is checked, any time it thinks you are looking away from the screen it will pause video. If this is checked, un-check it and see if that was the problem.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded the MX Player, and use it for video playback now - the problem solved!

jerry31

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

I put MX Player on also and th eonly video that migrated over was the most recent one I took the same day. All the other videos I have on the S5 still wont play and have an error message, unable to play video!

Shawn kaller

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I am using the S5.i have same problem but fix when i Download the MX Player.

ceema

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue from when I had updated my Pro 12.1 tablet. I went ahead and checked the settings and noticed that it would stop palying when it detects I was looking away. I unchecked the box and Hoooray, my videos are now playing with no pauses.

I am sooo happy because I had called Samsung signature service and they wanted time to pay $190 to remotely access the device. or subscribe for $15 a month. I thought that was sooo unfair. I am happy now that it's resolved and I didn't have to pay a penny for that.

Thanks once again

Michael Thompson18

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site

This is the correct solution:
Check your settings. Look under Settings>Motions and Gestures>Mute/Pause>Smart Pause. If this is checked, any time it thinks you are looking away from the screen it will pause video. If this is checked, un-check it and see if that was the problem.
Thanks pyro530!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith