Broke my first charger port cover and have some questions

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have owned the phone for a month and unfortunately broke my first charger port. I am extremely careful but it still happened.

My first question to you in how many just keep it off? I would like to have it on but it is way easier to charge when its gone.

Second question is how are these eBay ones? I did order some if I decide to replace it.

Third and final question. How many have replaced it and it keeps happening to them?

Any input would be great. Thanks.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone since launch and mine came off a couple months ago. I didn't bother to replace it because I prefer the port to be open and easier to access. Not a big deal to me, but it sucks for the people who bought the phone because of the water resistance . Without the flap it's no longer water resistant.

Posted via Android Central App

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm really thinking of removing mine... I got the phone since last week
and that's the only thing that bother me. It's super easy to remove/replace
and the pictures of those replacement on eBay looks a lot like the OEM, probably
is but who knows... Let us know when you got yours...

Phil.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm really thinking of removing mine... I got the phone since last week
and that's the only thing that bother me. It's super easy to remove/replace
and the pictures of those replacement on eBay looks a lot like the OEM, probably
is but who knows... Let us know when you got yours...

Phil.

I will definitely let you know. They should be here within a day or two.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My fiance's is hanging on for dear life at this point but mine is fine. She tends to manhandle her electronics and hasn't shown any mercy with her S5's USB port cover, I tend to be more delicate with mine so it has lasted this long (about 5 months). I had a feeling that Samsung would have to issue some sort of recall but they haven't yet. It just seems like a poor design in general as it's 50/50 with every S5 owner that I meet. Half are still fine while others have been torn off and/or are barely hanging on.

Circa58

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
can you remove it without breaking it off? I get in and out of my car all day and i dock it to the charging port, when I saw my sons S5, I liked it but when I saw the port cover i thought, "that wont last a week for me"

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
can you remove it without breaking it off? I get in and out of my car all day and i dock it to the charging port, when I saw my sons S5, I liked it but when I saw the port cover i thought, "that wont last a week for me"

Yes you can, only one screw to remove... I found a couple of DIY video on YouTube but because I'm a new member I cannot post link for now... should be easy enough for you to find.

Ph.

Posted via the Android Central App

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The hook broke off mine so took the cover off completely.

Much better without it.... I don't really need it to be water resistant anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My broke off and I just replaced it with one from Amazon. I bought a Samsung battery charger that comes with an extra battery and now I don't have to touch that sensitive charging port.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So I got my eBay replacements in and it works great. They look exactly the same as my OEM one. I noticed the tighter you make the screw the harder it makes it to pull it in and out so if I break another one I will try a half turn less and see if they makes the problem go away. Installation took maybe 2 min. I ordered 5 so I shouldn't have a issue for a while.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since the beginning but invested in wireless charging pads so I don't need to deal with the cover. If my battery is really bad I will charge it in my car with a regular charger, but that doesn't happen very often.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This did make me giggle when the amout of people were getting this
But samsung did think of this and its one screw and a little cover and your away
and there getting cheaper and are available on ebay
Samsung are thinking of making them free from a Samsung Mobile shop and they will even fit it for you
But that is because i think the Note 4 also has this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid