Update Increased Already Good Battery Life

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not one to turn off all the fancy features to save on battery life. I like my smart phones "smart" :) I was getting 2 days with about 10-12% battery life left before recharging. With the update, today I'm at 16% and 2 days 16hrs.
I uninstalled a wallpaper changer app that I dearly loved. It changed my wallpaper every minute but it also devoured battery life. I was recharging once a day.
Monica

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled a wallpaper changer app that I dearly loved. It changed my wallpaper every minute but it also devoured battery life. I was recharging once a day.
Which wallpaper changer app? I use one, but it's set to change every 2 hrs. I didn't notice a huge drain with it on my last phone, but maybe the S5 is different. I'm interested to know if you used the same one that I do.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not one to turn off all the fancy features to save on battery life. I like my smart phones "smart" :) I was getting 2 days with about 10-12% battery life left before recharging. With the update, today I'm at 16% and 2 days 16hrs.
Monica

Post above usage screenshots or I call bull your claims of unnatural battery life

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The update on Verizon has significantly reduced my battery life. I'm talking so bad I used to get 5 hours of display time and now I'm lucky to break 3 and a half hours.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Post above usage screenshots or I call bull your claims of unnatural battery life

Posted via Android Central App

2 days plus is easy to achieve on any S5, how long the screen has been on for within that time is a better indicator of batt life. I can usually get over 24hrs and 4-5hrs screentime, with 2-5% charge left.

Olds455

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has gone from nearly 3 days to less than 24 hours after update. I just performed a lot of app updates to see if that helps. If not, I'm marching down to VZW.

riarlenemcv

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hard to believe but I have only had the phone a week and have not used you tube, down loaded any music or watched any tv etc and it goes down to 19%.... I guess leaving the wi-fi on is a problem but I didn't have this problem with the s3

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Monica

Post up your on screen time to share with us.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
How are you guys getting so much more battery life than I am?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-01-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-01-58.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-02-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-01-17-02-03.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 50

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
How are you guys getting so much more battery life than I am?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

go into application manager and disabled apps that you don't use. also make sure that when your phone is off, wifi and data is not turned on.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You need to do factory reset after update if battery drain got much worse. Pretty much any android phone is like that.

My S5 on at&t is doing great on battery with data, WiFi on all the time. But I keep location off except when using map, GPS app. Also disabled ton of carrier and some samsung bloats.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Which wallpaper changer app? I use one, but it's set to change every 2 hrs. I didn't notice a huge drain with it on my last phone, but maybe the S5 is different. I'm interested to know if you used the same one that I do.
I'm pretty sure it was called Wallpaper Changer.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I posted this almost 36 hours ago so I don't have a screen shot of that particular time frame I posted about. However, if you want to look up my user name, you can find a post or two of screen shots where I was getting close to two days with 10-12% battery life remaining. Screen time was generally about 2.5 hours. It was before the update. I didn't look at my screen time when I made the OP. If I had to guess tho, I would say it was probably a little less than usual. I'm not a heavy user. I'm over 50 and have a landline :) Too bad you're such an untrusting soul dadathepanda :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
2 days plus is easy to achieve on any S5, how long the screen has been on for within that time is a better indicator of batt life. I can usually get over 24hrs and 4-5hrs screentime, with 2-5% charge left.

One thing I do (read a tip before I got the phone) is reduce the animation time. That's supposed to help a lot. But I keep sync, location and all the other stuff activated. My screen brightness is between 1/3 and 1/2. There were a just a few apps I disabled because I would never use them. I don't know if that helps with battery life. I would guess my biggest help is that I'm not surgically connected to my phone (g). 2.5-3 hours over 2 days is average for me. And we still have landlines.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hard to believe but I have only had the phone a week and have not used you tube, down loaded any music or watched any tv etc and it goes down to 19%.... I guess leaving the wi-fi on is a problem but I didn't have this problem with the s3

my 4G is faster than my wifi so I don't use wifi a lot but the times I have used it and forgotten to disconnect(like nearly every time!), I can't tell any difference in my battery life. When I use Chromecast, I have to enable wifi. I just don't detect a difference in battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2