How do I stop my S5 from automatically playing music when I get into my Honda CRV?

lehouck2

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Honda CRV automatically starts playing music on Samsung Galaxy s5

My 2014 Honda CRV EX automatically starts the music app on my Samsung Galaxy s5 (Music Player) every time I start the car and every time I make or receive a phone call. Is there a way to disable this function but still have a Bluetooth connection for phone calls?

Stormin2day

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Honda CRV automatically starts playing music on Samsung Galaxy s5

Go into settings in Bluetooth & hit the gear icon next to the Bluetooth connection for your vehicle, there you'll see profiles for call audio & media audio then just deselect media audio & you'll have no more music.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Do you have car mode enabled? I'm not certain this would matter but on my 2012 Acura TSX this isn't an issue.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

00derek

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

This doesn't work on my S5. Both call audio and media audio are unchecked, but the stock music player still starts when the phone connects to my TSX.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

This doesn't work on my S5. Both call audio and media audio are unchecked, but the stock music player still starts when the phone connects to my TSX.

Have the same problem, but with a CR-V, and I've not found any way to stop this permanently. What stops it for a while is going into the Applications settings, selecting the Running apps, and Stopping both of the Music apps. That usually holds until I power off the phone -- which resets those apps to automatically start again.

DMMarlowe

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue. Both call audio and media audio are unchecked, but the media player still starts when the phone connects to my car

lynstks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Same problem here too,those settings are off. But since I listen to audiobooks on the S5 in my CRV, that's what starts to play, not music -- and it always starts with the first audiobook alphabetically.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2010 TSX both phone and audio are unchecked in my Bluetooth profile. The phone pairs fine, nothing plays until I tell it. Phone calls are initiated through the car, audio only plays (usually a streaming app but occasionally music) through the car stereo when I switch the radio to the aux input

SM-G900V
2B0G5 build
Verizon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy