S5 caused me to loose my Verizon Unlimited Plan

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Back when I bought my S5, I had to make a really hard decision because my daughter wanted to use a smart phone also.

I have been an original Unlimited Plan customer with Verizon since it was introduced. But keeping that plan, and adding on another smartphone was just going to be too expensive for my 'bamacare check to handle, and was forced to let it go.

Today I caught this on a news channel. http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-wont-throttle-its-heaviest-unlimited-data-users-after-all, it seems that the grandfathered unlimited data customers aren't going to be forced to relinquish their plans.

I wish I still had it, out here in horse country, DSL service is pathetically slow. those of you with fibre service really need to say things to the Fibre Gods.... I used to have 50 mB service down in Phoenix, AZ on COX Cable; but up here in northeastern Oklahoma, it is just a frazzled old worn out copper wire pair on AT&T with DSL pushed on top of it.

sigh....

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Back when I bought my S5, I had to make a really hard decision because my daughter wanted to use a smart phone also.

I have been an original Unlimited Plan customer with Verizon since it was introduced. But keeping that plan, and adding on another smartphone was just going to be too expensive for my 'bamacare check to handle, and was forced to let it go.

Today I caught this on a news channel. http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-wont-throttle-its-heaviest-unlimited-data-users-after-all, it seems that the grandfathered unlimited data customers aren't going to be forced to relinquish their plans.

I wish I still had it, out here in horse country, DSL service is pathetically slow. those of you with fibre service really need to say things to the Fibre Gods.... I used to have 50 mB service down in Phoenix, AZ on COX Cable; but up here in northeastern Oklahoma, it is just a frazzled old worn out copper wire pair on AT&T with DSL pushed on top of it.

sigh....

Sorry to hear that unlimited Internet is cool

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has never said these plans would be terminated, just that they were going to slow down the connection on the biggest users.

This should be in a carrier forum. What's it have to do directly with the galaxy S5? Title sounds like it's the phones fault you gave up your unlimited plan.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you aware you could have sold your plan for for 300.00 to 500.00 .... perfectly legal.

At the time, no I was not, and VZW sure did not inform me of that.

I could not afford the full retail price of the S5, so that fell into the equation.

I suppose the bottom line is, I have never, ever, used more than about 500 kB since I owned the phone. but, I was not using it as a modem for my laptop either.

I did that once and saw how fast it ate up the gigabytes, and never did it again.
Looking at weather maps once in a while, doesn't chew up much in the way of data.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Most people have hopped off their grandfathered plans... They are offering high data now anyways and throttle those who don't pay...
Maybe now you'll see better speed?

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone want to buy an Unlimited plan ? ROFL

Just kidding . Even though I'm not a data hog I like having the Unlimited . Last time I went to Tx it was nice being able to tether my laptop and not worrying about data usage .

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i enjoyed being tethered for a short time, but that laptop gobbles data like there is no tomorrow.

For a while, I was traveling quite a bit and I bought a Verizon AirModem dongle, whatever you want to call it.

Way too expensive at $60/month for that thing. I turned it off after about 3 months.... sort of, the disconnect fee was so horrible that I just replaced it with a cellphone and that dropped the monthly rate to $10 for that circuit. Saved $50 a month until the contract ran out and then turned that off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12