Why is there STILL not a app for Amazon Instant Video?

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go ...all have a app to watch their offerings. Whats the deal with Amazon? They have a iOS app but not Android?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One wonders if it's a strategy to try to steer Android users to the Fire line. Not saying it's a good strategy, though ...

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There is an app. Has been for about a month now. Just go to Amazon.com and download the Amazon app store. Then open it, and download the instant video app.

Posted via Android Central App

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Amazon is a company just like Google. Sometimes if want to use their product, you have to use their app store, just like Samsung's app store. I don't like it no more than the next person, but at least you have the option.

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I installed their app store long enough to download something I needed that was only available from Amazon.

Once that was done, I uninstalled it.

Amazon's apps were having horrible effects on my S5's battery during the release period. Even after two updates of the OS, I still don't like Amazon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an app. Has been for about a month now. Just go to Amazon.com and download the Amazon app store. Then open it, and download the instant video app.

Is that Instant Video app compatible with both phones and tablets? I had heard somewhere that it's currently only for tablets.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
understand. So why is it iOS users simply D/L it from the APP store and Android owners have to have this work-around?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That would be the difference between an "open source" operating system, and a "closed source" system.

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Is that Instant Video app compatible with both phones and tablets? I had heard somewhere that it's currently only for tablets.

It's officially for phones but I've been able to sideload it to my Nexus 7 and Galaxy tab pro 10.1. Works well.

Posted from my S5

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Amazon wants to sell as many Fire tablets as possible and for people committed to Android, I think Amazon figures you would look at a Fire tablet if you are fully invested in Prime. Releasing the video app for Android was a big concession by Amazon, so I wouldn't complain too much about taking an extra two minutes to get the app. We're lucky they even released it at all for Android.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Amazon wants to sell as many Fire tablets as possible and for people committed to Android, I think Amazon figures you would look at a Fire tablet if you are fully invested in Prime. Releasing the video app for Android was a big concession by Amazon, so I wouldn't complain too much about taking an extra two minutes to get the app. We're lucky they even released it at all for Android.

Exactly! We've been waiting years for this and I for one never actually thought it would happen.

Posted from my S5

DocB1973

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the prime app to my phone and works great. Where do I look for the .apk file on the phone to get it to my Nexus 7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke