Do you turn off your s5 through the night ?

RStoychev

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, do you shut your phone through the night while you're sleeping. Personally I keep it on just turn off mobile data, put it on silent mode and power saving but keep wi fi on so the apps are able to work. So what you do with your s5 before going to bed a.k.a tips and tricks for battery saving :)

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I keep it on charger and on but any Internet connection off I keep it on at night for emergencies

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a mix.... it usually sleeps on the Qi wireless charger pad at night and the internet is off.

The phone is always ON, can't misss emergency calls.

The internet is OFF every time the screen locks. MacroDroid does that.

The internet is ON when the screen Unlocks, again MacroDroid does the job automatically.

I only recently added one more macro, MacroDroid turns on WiFi between 3 AM and 5 AM to allow Verizon to backup my Contacts list.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I leave mine on as well, and plugged into the charger. I do this for a few reasons:

1) Updates. Most of my apps will update over Wi-Fi during the night, so I don't have to worry about them. Llama automatically turns on Wi-Fi when I'm home so I don't worry about that.

2) I have my news feed set to download new items at 5:30am, so I have them to read on the train during my commute.

3) So I can check weather on the phone and know how to dress, without having to boot up a PC.

4) I have a reminder set to take some meds each morning, and without it, I'd definitely forget at least once in a while!

5) I work for the federal gov't, and during the winter, if there's a really bad storm, the gov't will shut down. There's an app that give you the current status right in the notification bar, so I can tell at a glance whether I can go back to bed.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I turn mine off every night and charge it

I'm actually surprised by how many people leave it on. Don't you guys think your phone needs a break?

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
So.....does turning it off or leaving it on make a difference? Does the phone really "need to rest"? I'm curious about this.

At this point I leave mine on all the time. I have power saving mode on since I got the phone. At night I just mute it and leave Wi-Fi on. I charge it in the morning before I go to work.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually surprised by how many people leave it on. Don't you guys think your phone needs a break?

It gets a break because I'm sleep and not on it. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

There are no moving parts. What needs to get a break? I'm frequently "on call" for my job, so I can't miss a call. I have to have 2 numbers for them to call, so they have my land line and my cell.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I leave mine on overnight with notification sound off. But WiFi, data, some Syncs are all on. Then recharge it as soon as I wake up. Battery drains only 3~4% overnight for me and USB3 charging is pretty fast. So I don't see the need for leaving it on the charger overnight.

Sawsiee

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
you need to consider this: you always have to unplug your phone off the charger when it's 100% full, even if it's off or on. because if you keep it charging while you sleep and the battery gets full, you will have a battery draining fast problem. it doesnt matter if you turn it off or not, just be carefull not to over charge the battery.

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
you need to consider this: you always have to unplug your phone off the charger when it's 100% full, even if it's off or on. because if you keep it charging while you sleep and the battery gets full, you will have a battery draining fast problem. it doesnt matter if you turn it off or not, just be carefull not to over charge the battery.

That's exactly what I do...

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. My phone is on all the time unless the battery dies, or for those few seconds when I periodically reboot the phone or wipe the cache partition.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I always left my iPhone plugged in overnight but never noticed any issues. It got turned off regularly at one of my jobs because I had such poor reception it was either that or turn data off to keep it from draining itself. Battery is superb with my S5, I'm so used to seeing my iPhone at 40-50% and thinking "**** it's only 3 I'm gonna have to charge it in like an hour!" Nothing like that with this phone :cool:
I've only had it for just over a week so far and have turned it off a couple times, once was so it could cool down after switching over to ART runtime. I've been trying not to leave it plugged in overnight when I go to bed, as the battery only drains like 5% MAX with everything left on and the phone set with blocking mode on.

Turn it off completely at night? Short of camping or something where I could care less about receiving calls or important messages, it'll stay on all night as my phones are my alarm clock. I used to be horrible about looking at my phone when waking up in the middle of the night but once I started using do not disturb on iOS it was like a godsend. No longer being woken up by drunken friends phone calls at 3am :eek: