Transferred iphone Music to Dropbox. What Music App is reccomended?

jaybird28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Finally figured out how to transfer my iTunes to my Scan DiscCard thru Dropbox. What App should I upload that will draw from my library in Dropbox????

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
There are a bunch of music apps, it all depends on what you are looking for. doubleTwist is a nice app if you want to sync your iTunes library with your S5 via your PC. The syncing process is slow but all of your ratings, playcounts, etc. get transferred to and from your iTunes library and phone. I used to recommend poweramp all the time but their latest app is buggy and experiences skipping during playback. The developers have yet to answer a single forum post or e-mail that I've sent them. There's also n7, Shuttle Music Player, and literally hundreds of others.

Lastly, Google makes their own music app. I have since switched to using their music app as I subscribe to their music service. It's $7.99 a month (for me, my fiance pays $9.99 a month) and I have unlimited streaming as well as unlimited downloading to my phone and tablet for offline listening. I added my iTunes library so all of my ratings and playlists transferred over. Google Music was able to match the majority of my songs and uploaded about 760 of them (out of 12000+).

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Poweramp on mine for the 11 or so days I've had the phone and it's OK, not my favorite but I'm used to iTunes off my old iPhone so anything is a change. I don't particularly care for the interface on PA and the parametric EQ is a joke if you ask me, at least when it comes to Bluetooth streaming in a car. I've been using my old iPhone for my music still as the sound is better IMO, but I'm hoping to find a music app on the S5 that works well and sounds good

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've heard good things about Neutron, Rocket Player, Media Monkey (?), vlc, etc. I also like WinAmp but I don't currently have that installed.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually uploaded all my music to my ScanDisk but now I need an app that can recognize my Card

Which is a much better solution. You won't be chewing through your monthly data plan by streaming directly from DropBox. The apps I listed all recognize music on a memory card. As of now, Google Music has given me the best results. doubleTwist is fine once it gets up and running and has scanned my library but it takes forever and eats away at the battery when doing so. It's also really slow during playback as I often have to push a button 2-3 times before it's finally recognized. Poweramp used to be OK but it's stuttering for me like nobody's business whether I'm listening to music with wired headphones or over Bluetooth. They have refused to help me and have only told me to change a few settings (I have, they didn't do anything).

There are other apps too. My best advice is to download a few and give them a try. See which one works best for you. Google Music is about simplicity. Download the app, point it to the memory card, and that's it. Google Music is a no-fuss app. Poweramp gives you a bunch of different options and ways of tuning your audio, doubleTwist is also a bit more advanced than Google Music but is more about integrating with iTunes, etc.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The app itself doesn't require a monthly charge, only the Google Music All Access service does. The Google Music app works just fine with mp3 and mpeg-4 AAC (LC-AAC) files stored on your memory card. It will even read m3u playlists without issues.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say "Google Music" are you referring to "Play Music?"... I have found Play Music to work well. I have a library on my PC that is in iTunes which I synched to Play Music - so essentially have the same library in two spots. It works well.

The only thing i need to figure out is how to get higher quality lossless files out of Play Music instead of MP3?

cliffclaventoo

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I just came across an app called drop tunes. The free version only lets you use 8 songs but the full version lets you do unlimited songs. Please try it out and report back on your experience. I am curious too about this but I don't try out new restaurants, cars and new apps.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
When you say "Google Music" are you referring to "Play Music?"... I have found Play Music to work well. I have a library on my PC that is in iTunes which I synched to Play Music - so essentially have the same library in two spots. It works well.

The only thing i need to figure out is how to get higher quality lossless files out of Play Music instead of MP3?

Yes, I am talking about Google Play Music, I just call it Google Music for short. Like I said, the app itself will playback mp3 and AAC files that are stored on the phone or a memory card. I think it can also playback FLAC and OGG Vorbis files. The Google Play Music service, if you uploaded/matched your iTunes library to that, only uses mp3 files (320kbps encoded with Lame 3.98). You can upload directly but all non-mp3 files will be re-encoded to mp3. It will transcode any non-mp3 files (including FLAC, OGG, WMA, AAC, and ALAC) to mp3 (320kbps for most files except OGG and AAC, it will use the same bitrate as the source files) during the upload process. Songs that are matched are matched to versions in the Google Play Store which are 320bkps mp3 files. The only way for Google Play Music (the app) to actually playback FLAC files is for you to manually transfer them to your phone's memory card/internal storage.

But that's all you need. Lossless is wasted on portable listening environments. Hell, 128kbps mp3 is just fine for portable listening environments. You really only need lossless when listening at home with a proper setup. Otherwise mp3, especially at 320kbps, is fine.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I like lossless because I play music through a high quality home system. You can really tell the difference between MP3 quality and CD quality on a good home system. That's why I was wondering about streaming lossless music through Play Music since I do hook my phone up to my home audio system through the headphone jack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar