My problems with the s5 (dislikes)

kykygn3

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
This is not a huge rant. I understand that the s5 is a great phone.

I was given a new s5 in exchange my iphone 5s. After falling in love with the note 3 I thought the s5 would be as loveable. However I put it bk in the box a few hours after receiving it.

Basically wiped the s5 and put it bk in the box a few days ago. But ive literally just taken it out to give it one last go before I swap over to the note 3 or iphone 6.

My dislikes aren't anything major but just my own personal gripes really. I can see why this is a great phone compared to most other handsets out at the moment.

So here goes...

Even though the note 3 is huge, because of the weight it seems quiet comfy to type with and you are kind of forced to balance it and use 2 hands if you need to. However im slightly struggling with the s5 because its so light. When I reach up to the top of the screen with my thumb it seems to tip forward quiet easily due to its light weight. It also personally seems very light and toyish and a bit slippery.

I did dislike the colour saturated screen, but as I sit here with it now, I can see how beautiful the screen actually is and is the best part of the phone.

Also it seems quiet skitty and flighty, it jumps around quiet a bit sometimes opening things I didnt really plan on opening. Very sensitive and the fact im noticing it on day one and its annoying now. I can maybe imagine it being more annoying as time goes on. I am watching a youtube video on it while typing on my macbook. I simply picked up the phone and it just jumped to the multi tasking screen. It seems very sensitive and i can imagine that getting annoying if I was using this as my main handset.

Settings, and icons. Maybe because im used to the old touch wiz. harder to get used too.

My final gripe is the speaker. I used with a TPU case and I was very excited about how good the speaker was.
But, me just using it without any case.. noise came from the entire back plate and the entire back vibrates when the phone makes a sound or music is played.
This isnt the worst thing in the world come if your listening to the radio or a youtube video. But while holding the phone in your hand the vibration is a annoying.

I think the camera, display and look of the phone is lovely but not sure if I like it as much as I should.

Usually unboxing and using a new phone is very exciting. Maybe its just me. Im not completely resigned to swapping/selling just yet. But thought id share my thoughts.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This is not a huge rant. I understand that the s5 is a great phone.

I was given a new s5 in exchange my iphone 5s. After falling in love with the note 3 I thought the s5 would be as loveable. However I put it bk in the box a few hours after receiving it.

Basically wiped the s5 and put it bk in the box a few days ago. But ive literally just taken it out to give it one last go before I swap over to the note 3 or iphone 6.

My dislikes aren't anything major but just my own personal gripes really. I can see why this is a great phone compared to most other handsets out at the moment.

So here goes...

Even though the note 3 is huge, because of the weight it seems quiet comfy to type with and you are kind of forced to balance it and use 2 hands if you need to. However im slightly struggling with the s5 because its so light. When I reach up to the top of the screen with my thumb it seems to tip forward quiet easily due to its light weight. It also personally seems very light and toyish and a bit slippery.

I did dislike the colour saturated screen, but as I sit here with it now, I can see how beautiful the screen actually is and is the best part of the phone.

Also it seems quiet skitty and flighty, it jumps around quiet a bit sometimes opening things I didnt really plan on opening. Very sensitive and the fact im noticing it on day one and its annoying now. I can maybe imagine it being more annoying as time goes on. I am watching a youtube video on it while typing on my macbook. I simply picked up the phone and it just jumped to the multi tasking screen. It seems very sensitive and i can imagine that getting annoying if I was using this as my main handset.

Settings, and icons. Maybe because im used to the old touch wiz. harder to get used too.

My final gripe is the speaker. I used with a TPU case and I was very excited about how good the speaker was.
But, me just using it without any case.. noise came from the entire back plate and the entire back vibrates when the phone makes a sound or music is played.
This isnt the worst thing in the world come if your listening to the radio or a youtube video. But while holding the phone in your hand the vibration is a annoying.

I think the camera, display and look of the phone is lovely but not sure if I like it as much as I should.

Usually unboxing and using a new phone is very exciting. Maybe its just me. Im not completely resigned to swapping/selling just yet. But thought id share my thoughts.
You can change the touch sensitivity in the settings. The rest seem to be personal opinion - this phone may not be the best for you..

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well... obviously this isn't the phone for you. Find one you like. However... every phone is going to have something that isn't appealing to you. Why you decided to make a long list of EVERY gripe you have about the S5.. I don't know. Obviously you aren't looking for advice or help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20