hide application

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I used to be able to hide and alphabetical list my apps. the menu on the app screen is no longer there. how can I hide apps that can't be Uninstaller.

Posted via the Android Central App

RStoychev

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Open apps -> then hit the 3 dots at the top right corner - > hide apps -> select the apps you want to hide :) Try to restart your phone and the menu must be there

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Resetting didn't help. there is no options at the bottom of the screen that I can press to get to any menus.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I used to be able to hide and alphabetical list my apps. the menu on the app screen is no longer there. how can I hide apps that can't be Uninstaller.

Okay, one more try.

Go to Settings/apps/app mgr/ALL

this is a very long list of everything that is on the phone.

Scroll down to find the name of the app you don't want to see anymore.
click on it to open up the options menu, then click on Delete/Uninstall/Turn OFF
(the actual wording depends on whether the app is vendor supplied or if you downloaded it)

Once Turned Off, the app will be hidden from all menus including the App Drawer (grid blocks on command line)

A simpler method though, is to open the App Drawer, locate the app to delete. Long Press on it and drag it to the top and drop onto the Uninstall icon. This performs the exact same thing as the 1st method I described.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The application doesn't show up in the list of apps even though the icon still shows on one of the home screens. I thank you for all your help. I know its frustrating for both of us.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The application doesn't show up in the list of apps even though the icon still shows on one of the home screens. I thank you for all your help. I know its frustrating for both of us.

Okay, on that home screen where it appears, do a Long Press and drag that icon off the screen to remove it, uninstall it, delete it, whatever appears when you Long Press or drop it on the 'X' if that appears. It depends on what launcher you have running.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The only place I can drag the icon is APPS Icon. And I'm back to square one.

Show us a screenshot of what you are talking about.

all home page icons can be trashed, something is not right with
1, the phone
2, what you are doing

worst case, go to Best Buy or your carrier's retail store and have someone try to get rid of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad