Gmail App Alternative

ashleymcguffries90

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! Does anyone know of a Gmail alternative app that syncs with the stock Google calendar or can you recommend some other alternative calendars? Thanks!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The Today Calendar syncs with just about everything.

I just bought the prime version for a whole $1.60

I like it. EDIT: I just read a comment someone posted that it isn't syncing with Google on his phone, they need to look at their settings... mine didn't either for a while until I realized that I had changed my phone number... duh

On my phone, it showed Google and I have it sync'd to my gmail calendar.

Jack Underwood is a great app developer, look at his other stuff too.

* Today Calendar - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just created a test entry on the phone and it showed up on the gmail calendar when I viewed it from my Win7 desktop PC.

is that good enough for you?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I also just made a 2nd test.

I created an entry for today on the PC.

Now here is a wrinkle that you probably don't have. When my phone is idle (screen locked), the internet is turned OFF (WiFi, DATA)

I unlocked the phone, 4g locked up in about 2 seconds.

WiFi connected in about 4 seconds.....

The phone's calendar sync'd up and showed the new entry, plus it removed the prior entry I deleted (on the PC) about 15-20 seconds after the WiFi started working.

So, this means that even if your phone is "out of range" and you make a web calendar entry, the phone will sync up when you "get in range", or "turn it ON" (my case.... as internet off is the same as being powered off for data)

ashleymcguffries90

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I also just made a 2nd test.

I created an entry for today on the PC.

Now here is a wrinkle that you probably don't have. When my phone is idle (screen locked), the internet is turned OFF (WiFi, DATA)

I unlocked the phone, 4g locked up in about 2 seconds.

WiFi connected in about 4 seconds.....

The phone's calendar sync'd up and showed the new entry, plus it removed the prior entry I deleted (on the PC) about 15-20 seconds after the WiFi started working.

So, this means that even if your phone is "out of range" and you make a web calendar entry, the phone will sync up when you "get in range", or "turn it ON" (my case.... as internet off is the same as being powered off for data)

I'm going to try this app out. I will let you know how it goes.
The Today Calendar syncs with just about everything.

I just bought the prime version for a whole $1.60

I like it. EDIT: I just read a comment someone posted that it isn't syncing with Google on his phone, they need to look at their settings... mine didn't either for a while until I realized that I had changed my phone number... duh

On my phone, it showed Google and I have it sync'd to my gmail calendar.

Jack Underwood is a great app developer, look at his other stuff too.

* Today Calendar - Android Apps on Google Play

sartick

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Ashleymcguffries90, What features do you not like with the Gmail app? I have used it on my previous iPhones and for the last few months with my S5 and, in my opinion, it works well on both.

ashleymcguffries90

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Ashleymcguffries90, What features do you not like with the Gmail app? I have used it on my previous iPhones and for the last few months with my S5 and, in my opinion, it works well on both.

I would like to see what other alternatives to Gmail are out there. I'm currently using BlueMail