Typing lags when texting

Marco Martin

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed recently that I sometimes have a lag while typing. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve this? I currently use SwiftKey for my keyboard. I switched to other keyboards and have the same issue sometimes.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I switched out swiftkey for Google's keyboard and it is much faster with no lag whatsoever (this was for the G3). Try changing it to something else; I've noticed other people having problems with swiftkey even on other phones.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't think is the keyboard cause I use Swype and some times my phone suffers from the same problem. I try different things but nothing helps but thank fully only last about a minute.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I get that too
I really don't mind it now, I've gotten used to it

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed recently that I sometimes have a lag while typing. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve this? I currently use SwiftKey for my keyboard. I switched to other keyboards and have the same issue sometimes.

I use SwiftKey as well and I too have experienced this at times. I never had this occur on any of my past devices.

I did a Google search and found this on SwiftKey's website:

http://support.swiftkey.net/knowledgebase/articles/375614-why-am-i-experiencing-a-lot-of-lag

Not much help.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely a problem that Samsung has never fixed. Been getting that problem since the s3 although slightly less on the s5. Not a huge deal for me, but it can me annoying at times.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I used to get the same thing but on my S3. The problem there was that I had way too many text. Try erasing a few (or all) and see if that speeds things up. Hope it helps!

Carterbits

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I get this too. Driving me nuts. I'm using the Google keyboard, which seems to be the best keyboard available. Maybe I'll try swiftkey, I just hate that it's listed as having in-app purchases. Can't I just pay 99c and have a working app?

Anyway, I get a 2-3 second pause several times a day while trying to type, but it's anywhere and everywhere. I'm praying that Android L brings some real performance gains across the board...

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
This usually only happens in the stock sms app for me. After switching to hangouts I haven't experienced any lag while typing whatsoever

Posted via the Android Central App

sygys

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup... I'm about to dump this Pos and get the sony z3

Posted via Android Central App

The Z3 has the exact same issue... i think even worse. hitting backspace about 5 times in chrome will register mostly 2 and maybe 3 keypresses. the vibrating stucks and gives a bigger vibrate at once. the lag is terrible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer