Sprint S5 Users: Get ITT, please

Saul Goodman

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So, my family have been Sprint customers forever. We're still grandfathered into an old plan that allows for unlimited data at a great price. I'm not really interested in switching carriers as I get great 4G service where I live and attend law school (Knoxville, TN....Go Vols) and my hometown (Northeast TN). Also does well whenever I travel, which tends to be the Southeastern U.S.. All of the above-listed areas are "Spark"-enabled, FWIW.

That brings me to my issue. I've had an upgrade with Sprint for some time now. I have an S3. While I love the phone, I know that it's woefully outdated in terms of computing power, battery life, and some useless features newer phones have. I've been looking at the S5, but, of course, the biggest thing that stuck out was the lack of SVLTE and SVDO capability compared to the S3. I don't talk and use data that much EXCEPT whenever I do travel (not that frequent anymore) and use GPS. As we all know, that somehow tends to be the time people start calling.

TL;DR: How have you found living without SVLTE/SVDO capabilities when using the S5? Is it something that I'm going to miss?

Anyone know of any good news on the horizon? Everything I've read says current generation owners are more or less screwed as Sprint is once again betting the farm on trying to get ahead (and will surely fail).

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a pain in the ***. And to think it's a good business decision is one reason I am switching to T-Mobile next month.!
Love my S5 but this spark is a bunch of BS.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678