Why does my S5 capitalize every word when I text???

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It is only sometimes, and it is SUPER ANNOYING!!! I want to say it is after I do a :) or a :( every word after that is capitalized, does anybody know what would cause that???

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just the 1st letter of every word
Open the swift key app and look at your language settings. Do you have English (US) selected? There are a few English choices.

I also found this on another forum.

I FIGURED IT OUT EVERYBODY!! Go into your settings for SwiftKey then go to "Personalization" , then "Clear Language Data" , then exit out of that, exit whatever app you're using, switch keyboard input to your default (or anything other than SwiftKey), then close that, go right back into where you switched keyboards again right away, and switch keyboards back to SwiftKey and voila! worked like a charm, mine just started screwing up 15 minutes ago and I fixed it already, try it out, should work :) good luck everyone!

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a bug with the Samsung keyboard, switch to another keyboard app. It's random and happened to both me and a friend.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
That happens to me sometimes too and I use the regular samsung keyboard. I just turn off caps lock and start over with capitalizing a word if I need to or continue typing in lower case. I guess it's a bug, though I don't know

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've run into this sometimes also. It will randomly start every word with a capital. I've noticed that if I deleted what I've Txt to the beginning of the sentence when it started then try typing again it will go away most of the time. Not sure what causes it exactly.

bobkondz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
This worked for my S5 problem with the first letter of each word being capitalized
EXCEPT:
The setting to toggle was under Settings-> Language & Input -> Keyboard -> toggle to Swype then toggle back to Standard.

Mickey149237

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
The second button from the left on the bottom is the settings key hold it down until the menu pops up and go to settings. There is an option to capitalize the first letter of every word if it is checked uncheck it....

Last edited:

Icarus_falling

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The second button from the left on the bottom is the settings key hold it down until the menu pops up and go to settings. There is an option to capitalize the first letter of every word if it is checked uncheck it....

Thank you for this! I looked all through the settings menu and couldn't find it anywhere. It's rare for people to add info to forum threads that are old, but you added the most helpful info in this thread, which comes up as the first link on Google. the world needs more people like you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08