Ok google whats up?

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I miss this feature from my droid. i have tried some third party apps to get it on the s5 but the severely depleted the battery life.. does anyone know a good way to get this feature back on my phone?

(touchless control) picture this wake at 3 -5 am.. ur phone is on the other side of the room.. its not plugged in.
so you say ok google whats up? phone reads u back time and notifications.. yay i didn't have to move or even open my eyes back to bed..

this is the exact reason i want this feature on my s5. before purchasing it the representative for at&t in alpena michigan promised it would do this. well this is not the case as far as i know. the device will do this if its plugged into the charger but not to whats up command but u can still ask google what time it is. but if the device is not plugged in it does not recognize voice commands. even with google removed and s voice set up i can not get this device to respond with out it being plugged in or a button being pressed recently..

this is the most missed feature for me. i hope someone can help me get it back or a similar one without killing the batt. so bad with a third party app such as the ones i have tried.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You're going to be out of luck I think. I believe the Motorola's have a special chip that deals with the voice activation duties when the phone is locked.
The S5 doesn't.

Posted via the Android Central App

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
As long as your S5 is plugged in, you can activate OK Google when the screen is not on. I just verified this at my desk.

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
yes emanwis that is correct. you can also get a third party app that makes it listen all the time.. there are a few but oh my how it drains my battery life. i did hear that the droid has a low power chip running constantly listening for it so Robsawalker that is exactly what i'm afraid of. so maybe someone will come along with a better app then what i have tried and post it.. but without that hardware its likely going to drain the power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon