Google now

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do I get the Google search bar to to read (OK Google). I have Google Now already installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, at the bottom of the now screen is the three dot menu button for settings. Open those and make sure you have voice enabled. But if you are new to Google now,open the help section while in settings,or open your browser,and type," Google Now,help. There you will find complete instructions. But if everything is allready enabled,all you need to do is ,talk to your phone and say. "OK GOOGLE" and a box will open in screen,then ask your question,or give a command like " open chrome browser" or " call add name mobile number from contacts."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How do I get the Google search bar to to read (OK Google). I have Google Now already installed.

Go to the home screen you want it on.. Hold down in a blank spot and choose to add widgets... From there look for the Google search widgets. From there you should be good to go :).

Attachments

• 1413413182390.jpg
    1413413182390.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 39

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
If you want the searchbar to recognize voice on your home screen then you have to enable that setting from now page .open menu,touch voice,check box for home page ,but you need android Operating system 4.2. X and above. This option was previously in settings for lower os,(i saw it before in my settings) but after update last,I could no longer find that option. And it never worked on my phone. But you can get the manual red microphone from apps drawer and move it to home page,you just have to press it before voice is activated. But it is not tues to the now page operation where you just ask first. On the Google search bar widget that can be placed on the home page,again,you have to press the microphone to activate. I hope this finally answers your question. I don't think I read it right the first time.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Even though the search bar no longer says OK GOOGLE, it still functions as GOOGLE NOW. I'll live with it. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2