Speakerphone call quality... on other end

AndroidMac86

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5. Everyone I talk to on the phone with the speakerphone says they have trouble hearing me. I am on Verizon. I had a Droid 4 for a long time and never heard complaints of people on the other end when using the speakerphone. I'm talking in the same places, so I don't think it's a reception issue.

It's too bad because I can hear people perfectly clear on the speakerphone--they just can't hear me.

Is this a defect of my phone? Is there a fix?

My apologies if this has been discussed before. I tried to do a search but couldn't figure out how to narrow the search to just this subforum.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is a setting under the phone app that has to do with noise cancelation.. If I am not mistaken it causes some issue with speakerphone... Turn that off and see if it helps.

AndroidMac86

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Nobody else has this problem? I remember when I was researching this phone initially I read about complaints about the speakerphone but I can't find anything on the subject now.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Try restarting the phone or factory reset. I have Verizon and the S5 and the voice clarity is clear like no tomorrow. I too had issues with people saying they couldn't hear me. I just factory rest my phone and boom now my is good as new.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Good idea. I take it a factory reset will wipe out everything on my phone, right? Any instructions on how to do it?
Yes it will but most of your stuff will be backed up to Google so you should be good. Go into settings, click the backup and reset. Once you have done that chose factory reset it will let you know all you data will be deleted. Once you have done that then you should be good.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007