Galaxy S5 4G/Wifi arrows constantly running - uploading and downloading non stop????

Dan Maxwell

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
When my phone is in 4G or on WiFi the upload and download arrows are constantly lit up making it seem like the phone is moving data non stop. This is killing my battery life. Any fixes or suggestions?

Last edited:

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 4G arrows constantly running - uploading and downloading non stop????

When my phone is in 4G the upload and download arrows are constantly lit up making it seem like the phone is moving data non stop. This is killing my battery life. Any fixes or suggestions?

This is android it doesn't take a lot of data it's just background apps make sure you disable background data from data usage

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 4G arrows constantly running - uploading and downloading non stop????

Have you tried reseting the device? If so the last option its to factory reset the device.

Dan Maxwell

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I've tried restarting and i've done a battery pull. I also just restricted background data but still it is pretty much constantly engaged. I've always had Android devices and have never had this issue, so it isn't "just android" as bbmjack suggests. My battery is being decimated by whatever it is doing.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I've tried restarting and i've done a battery pull. I also just restricted background data but still it is pretty much constantly engaged. I've always had Android devices and have never had this issue, so it isn't "just android" as bbmjack suggests. My battery is being decimated by whatever it is doing.

Yes that's odd that its doing that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This is android it doesn't take a lot of data it's just background apps make sure you disable background data from data usage

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

This isn't normal for Android. The icons shouldn't be lit if nothing is be transmitted... Such as right now my LTE is idle since I'm not doing anything.

@OP - check the data usage section of your phone. You can see what app is using data on Mobile and Wifi.

system7au

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Did you find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue with my GS5 Mini (SM-G800H). I have tried restoring the device and uninstalling apps but it's downloading 1MB every few minutes and chewing up my data allowance. There are no active applications and the data usage is not showing up in my data usage section.

Thanks
Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34