Block call app?

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking about switching to Verizon from AT&T. AT&T lets you block incoming calls, but Verizon apparently does not for new customers. Is there an app that does this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have used Mr. Number before, there is another one called Reverse Number that will also divert a call so it don't bother you

Verizon will let you block numbers regardless of when you signed up, just give them a valid reason and it is done.

IIRC, you can add numbers to a Block Call list on the web, or maybe from the phone? never tried it.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I use the blocking mode that the s5 comes with. It lets me select who can call me. I have it set so only my contacts can call or text me. That may be to much for some. I have used Verizon to block certain # but its kind of a hassle and only last 60 days. But I have used it for my kids lines.

[ Galaxy S5 ]

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I use the blocking mode that the s5 comes with. It lets me select who can call me. I have it set so only my contacts can call or text me. That may be to much for some. I have used Verizon to block certain # but its kind of a hassle and only last 60 days. But I have used it for my kids lines.

[ Galaxy S5 ]

for those of us who have doctor offices calling us, vendors calling us, that is not an option.... sigh!

I just note the number that is a hassle and set it for auto delete, or auto ignore. Depends on if a SMS or voice call.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The blocking mode allows you to set who can get through. I set it to allow my favorites only. I work nights so I need this. Also I use Call Control and youmail