What is the Galaxy S5 Verizon battery life?

csillver

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S5 Verizon battery life?

I have a question about Verizon's version of this phone. I've been checking around the web on this issue and it seems like there is an awful lot of folks having issues with their phones SUDDENLY having a battery drain. In common, none of them have added anything or made any changes to their phones (knowingly) or changed usage patterns. The phones just start sucking power.

I've noticed many helpful suggestions, in fact I've used many of them to help with my problem; so thank you, all of you for that! However, I can't find a single explanation as to why the phones just go off kilter like that in the first place.

If anyone has anything on this please respond.

Thanks again! ;)

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 Verizon battery life?

I have a Verizon s5 and I havent noticed any battery drain (im on ART)

Posted via the Android Central App

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I used to the have the issue when running Android 4.4.3, the version that came pre-installed on my S5. Actually, my S5 was a piece of junk with 4.4.3 as Bluetooth audio would constantly skip no matter what app I used for playback, it was slow and often times stuttered when scrolling (whether through Chrome, the Gmail app, the Samsung mail & text app, through multiple home screens, through the app screens, through Gallery, etc.), the battery would randomly drain and the only thing that fixed it was multiple restarts, I would lose my 4G connection and the only thing that would fix it was either restarting the phone or toggling Airplane mode, and there were a few other problems.

I was a couple of weeks away from taking the phone back to Verizon and getting the HTC One M8 or a different phone, something that wasn't Samsung labeled as I was that upset that my "flagship" smartphone was performing worse than my two year old iPhone 5. Then I received Android 4.4.4 and Verizon/Samsung updated it two days after that. 4.4.4 has been a lot smoother and I don't notice any lag or stuttering, the subsequent update fixed Bluetooth audio issues, I have yet to experience random battery draining (battery life has actually increased with 4.4.4 and should only get better with 5.0), the fingerprint scanner actually works now, and I even installed the Google Now launcher which performs even better than Samsung's TouchWiz so my S5 is finally acting like a flagship smartphone.

My best suggestion is to make sure your phone is fully updated a 4.4.4 (and the following 1-2 updates) seemed to have fixed the majority of problems with the Verizon S5.

csillver

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I'm not a power user. It took me almost 3 years to fully appreciate the things my first smart phone could do. So I will check on the Android version and see whats what.

csillver

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

So because we are with Consumer Cellular IDK if we will get the update. I will have to wait for the manual update I guess. At any rate, we wound up doing a factory reset, and installing Battery Doctor. Well she gets almost 3 days of life now, and that's with everything reinstalled back where it was. So Thanks! Just thought you'd all like to know. ;)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

So because we are with Consumer Cellular IDK if we will get the update. I will have to wait for the manual update I guess. At any rate, we wound up doing a factory reset, and installing Battery Doctor. Well she gets almost 3 days of life now, and that's with everything reinstalled back where it was. So Thanks! Just thought you'd all like to know. ;)

Thank you for coming back with your resolution.

So many folks get the info needed for their problems and then never return to let us know if we helped them. That leaves a thread like this useless for future research if the end results are not reported.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Mine is relatively new, but it's pretty impressive. Coming from a Note 3 with abysmal battery life

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2