Is there any way to check if KNOX is tripped? or reinstall it?

Chris123344

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
any way to check if KNOX is tripped? or reinstall it?

Hello, a couple months ago, I rooted my Samsung galaxy s5 via towelroot. It stated that KNOX has been tripped. Is there anyway to check if this is true? I need to know because my phone is unable to update and receive messages, and Verizon said they wanted to check it out, but I've heard if it's jailbroken or the security is tripped, the warranty is void. Is this true? Any info is appreciated. My phone is currently unrooted. If KNOX is tripped can you reinstall it somehow?

bimmerdriver

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: any way to check if KNOX is tripped? or reinstall it?

You can either boot the phone in download mode, where you will see if the knox flag is set or alternatively install phone info. If knox is tripped, you are stuck. There is no way to clear it. However, even if knox is tripped, you should be able to reinstall the original rom and get your phone back to almost original. The only thing is that you won't be able to use knox, but everything else should work properly if the hardware is otherwise okay.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

If the only thing you did is root with towelroot you should NOT have tripped Knox.

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

If the only thing you did is root with towelroot you should NOT have tripped Knox. And now that I think about it the only custom recovery for the s5 on Verizon is safestrap and that also will not normally trip Knox..
The fact that you use the term "jail broken" does make me wonder what's really up with your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech