Battery life compared to an Iphone?

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 and the S5 is better. You can always use Ultra Power Saving mode if you do get low and a swappable battery is also a nice advantage. 👍

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about switching from an Iphone 5, which has only fair battery life. S5 the same, better, worse?
S5 battery life is good. But iPhone battery life is way better when you leave it on standby mode. Plus if you really need the extra juice you can always get an extended battery.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S5 a few months back. Initially, the battery life for me was the same, maybe slightly better with the S5. My iPhone 5 would get down to about 20-30% at the end of an 8 hour work day meaning I had to give it a quick charge on my way home. That was with heavy texting and playing music back for a good 2-3 hours. My S5 would get down to 40-50% at the end of an 8 hour work day doing the same things. Then Verizon pushed an update to Android 4.4.4 and my S5 has been much better. So far, my S5 will get down to maybe 80% at the end of my work day and further decrease to 65-70% before I go to bed. It is now a lot better than my iPhone 5 ever was.

I also have an extended battery case that will let me go for 4 days before I have to recharge my phone. I only use it when I'm on vacation because it's so thick and heavy but it's nice not having to worry about using my phone too much or constantly having to plug it in.

But I have noticed what Rmedy21 said. The standby battery life of the iPhone 5 is better. Mine would decrease by maybe 2% if I let it sit unused for 2 hours. My S5 decreases by 4% during the same time. But my iPhone 5's battery would deplete faster when actually using it unlike my S5.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I also came from an iPhone 5 and switched to the Galaxy S5 back in April and the battery life is much better. At the end of the day with my iPhone I'd be down to 15%, with the S5 I'll be at 30%-40%. Also with the S5 you have the Power Saving features which will turn everything to gray scale and still allow you to place/receive calls and text for several hours, not sure about data (as in internet) as I haven't looked into it.

HFL

May 6, 2014
Visit site
well i had few phones in my life here the list : iPhone 4g/4s/5s . Sony Xperia x10a/Z2 / and i can tell u iPhone is a crap!! the phone always looking for Internet , yes on ios 7 u can close it throw the settings but for real apple never Put a rule to the app developers , that says MAKE APPS CONSUME LESS BATTERY but apple not really careing., they didnt do a major changes in there phones SAME DUAL CORE Processor , same 1 GB ram. and "Different name" is same bull****. only os got heavyer. apple never givein a f** about there users
thats why in the last 2 years more putin down there iPhone and geting Samsung, htc, Lg phones.. why cuz they seen that apple dosnt do a shiit about anyhing

nowdays i own 3 phones. Galaxy S5 3G (Octacore) , Galaxy Note 4 LTE (QuadCore) , Galaxy Nexus . so trust me
ANYPHONE BETTER THEN APPLE. ..

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Heavy use of the phone with no changes to settings will kill the battery in about half a day. Just casual use will leave you with about 20% at the end of the day.

It's really how you use the phone. Big screen seems to be a battery killer. I came from a 4s and got about 2 days out of the battery with medium use of the phone.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
If you want a fully functional phone that's ready to do whatever, whenever you pick it up, then you're going to have to charge it once a day or carry a second battery ( like that's really an option for normal people)

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
A lot of things come in to play as others have stated. Even things as simple as decreasing the time the capacitive buttons are lit up can help. Constantly killing apps, limiting background processes in developer mode etc all help too. I switched my phone to ART runtime vs. the default Dalvik and it's helped battery life as well.

I too came from an iPhone 5 and the battery life is indeed noticeably better. My iPhone was great back when, but diminished during the last couple months of use. With my S5 I've had it drop to the single digits, but that was after being off the charger all day with a good amount of usage including Bluetooth audio streaming, lots of camera use, texting, web browsing, social media etc and pushing it close to midnight before going to bed. Then there's days like yesterday where it's average use and it's at ~40% being off the charger for about 13 hours.

I was considering the 6 or even the new Galaxy Alpha but they both have about the same battery life as one another, being marginally better than the iPhone 5, so I opted for the S5. That was just one of the reasons I switched :)