My Samsung Galaxy S5 connected to 4G all the time but periodically drops mobile data, why?

meganv21

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 connected to 4G all the time but periodically drops mobile data.

My galaxy s5 almost always has a white 4G above the service bars. However, even though I still have 4G and there is no change in service bars, periodically my text messages will not send and internet will not work (without wifi) from my house due to having no mobile data. Keep in mind that my phone constantly says it is connected to 4G. My phone will start working again for a period of time then it will stop working randomly.

I do not have any malicious apps and my phone is not rooted. Have messed with network settings and have seen no change.

And YES my mobile data is turned on.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

waheed t

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 connected to 4G all the time but periodically drops mobile data.

I have the same problem. I've got 4G but no service.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 connected to 4G all the time but periodically drops mobile data.

Sometimes this will happen with mine too. It will show LTE with three bars, but won't let pages load.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk

5picker

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Wish I had an answer but I don't so I'll just jump on the "mine does the same thing" bandwagon.
Additionally, mine also experiences the same issue when on wifi.
It's like the device simply takes a 'no data for now' attitude.

Like the OP I have monitored and checked every network setting and app to no avail. When it decides to go into this mode, I have checked with other devices connected to mobile service and/or connected to wifi and they work fine so I'm 100% sure it's the S5.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

My galaxy s5 almost always has a white 4G above the service bars. However, even though I still have 4G and there is no change in service bars, periodically my text messages will not send and internet will not work (without wifi) from my house due to having no mobile data. Keep in mind that my phone constantly says it is connected to 4G. My phone will start working again for a period of time then it will stop working randomly.

I do not have any malicious apps and my phone is not rooted. Have messed with network settings and have seen no change.

And YES my mobile data is turned on.

Any help is appreciated!

What carrier do you have? I know with T-mobile and Sprint if you are hogging the data they slow your network down.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

Pollyanna Henricks

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Hey this happens to me too. It didn't at first but now does it often. I hate it. I've only had the phone like two wems