text notification sound gets clipped

smackdab2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
does anyone else have the problem where sometimes, often enough to be irritation, the text notification sound will not play all the way through or it seems to get clipped and stutter? i am not using a long mp3 file, just a few seconds. i can understand if it only happened when i received several texts at once and it was playing over each other this happens to me even when its just one text and nothing else is going on with the phone (not playing any other audio or games or anything) it doesn't always clip the tone, just once in a while.

Thanks

mistaj33

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Had same problem on my S3. Try disabling the option to delete threads of 200+ messages. I believe it's called "Delete old messages" on the S5. After disabling that option on the S3, the problem disappeared.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Had same problem on my S3. Try disabling the option to delete threads of 200+ messages. I believe it's called "Delete old messages" on the S5. After disabling that option on the S3, the problem disappeared.

I would rather have the old messages gone..... thank you

mistaj33

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, he asked. I answered with a solution. Personally, I prefer to actually hear my text message tone and manually delete threads once they reach 200 or so. Not my fault Samsung created a bug with their auto-delete function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca