Mms size limit is really low

Nik281

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have tried looking but can't really find an answer that suits my problem. I seem to have a size limit of 995k when I am sending a video, pictures and gifs. I am on Sprint, and this is my first android phone in like 5 years, and the first Samsung I have owned, and only have owned it for about a month or so. I had the Iphone 4s and had no problem like this.
I have seen people said you can increase the size limit but I can't find out how. Any and all help is appreciated.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can increase it, it's a carrier limitation (i.e. all phones on the carrier will have the same size limit). The way Apple phones circumvent it is by using iMessage which uses your data and goes through Apple's own servers rather than through the carrier's MMS channels.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As above really. Of you need to send longer videos, you could use Google drive or similar. Not perfect I know, it's one area Apple is stronger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nik281

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate letting me know this. I didn't know apple had their own server for that imessage deal. I will have to check out google drive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon