How do I remove battery icon displayed on Upper Left of Samsung S5

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How do I remove the Battery Icon (100) on the UPPER LEFT of the S5?

I tried this under battery settings but that only removes the battery setting on the UPPER RIGHT which I want to keep.

Please help. Thanks.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
How do I remove the Battery Icon (100) on the UPPER LEFT of the S5?

I tried this under battery settings but that only removes the battery setting on the UPPER RIGHT which I want to keep.

Please help. Thanks.

If you are trying to remove the the percentage number from the top of the screen. You need to go into settings click on battery and on the upper right hand corner unchecked the box where it says percentage.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think what you are seeing is related to the Notifications pull down settings.

Pull down the Notifications bar, hit the grid block in the top right corner.

That will open up the options list of what you want up there, and what you can pull off.

Drag 'n drop stuff from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top row until you are happy.

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I think what you are seeing is related to the Notifications pull down settings.

Pull down the Notifications bar, hit the grid block in the top right corner.

That will open up the options list of what you want up there, and what you can pull off.

Drag 'n drop stuff from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top row until you are happy.

It's the battery meter on the left which says 100%. I can pull down the grid box. But which of boxes corresponds to the battery meter on upper left?

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's the battery meter on the left which says 100%. I can pull down the grid box. But which of boxes corresponds to the battery meter on upper left?

Look at the picture

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-25-18-38-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-25-18-38-51.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 53

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I think he is talking about the icon in the bar that shows up when the phone is on the charger and its fully charged

Posted via Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think he is talking about the icon in the bar that shows up when the phone is on the charger and its fully charged

But that goes away after you take it off the charger. There's no need to remove it.

RobotWar

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hhmm! I wonder if this is the same thing that happend with my Samsung Galaxy Trend after the last update. My "100% charged battery please remove charger"-icon doesn't go away when I unplugg after charging. And what is even more strange the battery indicator (at the right side) doesn't drop by use during the day. If I get stuck with the 100%-icon it will not show my correct charge unless I restart the unit, it will only show 100% - Always!

(Sorry, for posting this in the S5-forum, but it looks alot like my problem but with an other model from Samsung)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
There isnt a battery icon top left, doesnt the OP mean the power saving icon which looks like a battery, you cant get rid of that unless you turn the power saving mode off.

Chaithanya Kumar1

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey try this..
open the DU battery saver..top right you will find contact icon click on it..
it will headed you to settings icon..click on settings icon
scroll down .. you will find power indicator.. you just click and off at right top corner..
thats it.

Chaithanya Kumar1

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey try this..
open the DU battery saver..top right you will find contact icon click on it..
it will headed you to settings icon..click on settings icon
scroll down .. you will find power indicator.. you just click and off at right top corner..
thats it.

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
No, I leave the phone in a dock so it's usually at 100%. I want the icon on the upper left to be removed even when fully charged.

not sure what rooted means. I've not done anything to the phone since I purchased brand new from Radio Shack.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're wanting to get rid of the power/battery saver icon. Go into settings and turn off power saving mode and that should go away. FYI, this icon was introduced in the 4.4.x update and is now gone with lollipop 5.0

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
That did not work. I already have power saving mode turned off and upgraded to lollipop 5.0 yesterday.

I am referring to battery icon on the upper LEFT hand side.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's the place where different apps put a battery icon (Power Toggles, Gsam ...). Post an screenshot with that icon and another one with the notifications expanded. We'll try to help you with that.