Another Case/Holster Question

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Spent $56 on an Otterbox Defender at WM (I know, I could have gotten the same one on ebay for $30 less...don't wanna talk about it :( ) He likes the Otterbox except for the faceplate. It also has the belt clip on it. It's already come off and he lost his phone in the woods today, but found it. The idea set up for him would be the Otterbox minus the faceplate guard and a pouch or holster that goes thru his belt loops. I found some on ebay but I don't think they're going to work with the Otterbox. One description even said it would only work with a thin case. Hoping someone here might know of a larger sized holster that would would work with his S5 and Otterbox setup (minus the front plate/clip part). This is the part that snaps on the front to protect the screen and includes the clip. He's not going to use it.
Otterbox-Defender-Replacement-Belt-Clip-Holster-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Bulk-Packaging-0-1.jpg

Thanks

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yay! Thanks so much :) I didn't buy the $30 case as it doesn't mention that it can be used with the Otterbox Defender. He needs to keep the Otterbox AND have a holster like this to keep it in. But, on the same page as the one you linked to, there were other suggestions and this was one of them...
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Leather-Samsung-otterbox-Lifeproof/dp/B00J0R61I4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BNE4NB22CJBGEDZ178F ...
Specifically designed for Samsung Galaxy S5 S 5 with one additional thick case installed such as otterbox commuter, defender case.
This case will be too big for a naked Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.
This pouch is equipped with one durable belt clip plus 2 additional secure belt loops and front magnetic closure
Stylish design with soft inner lining helps protecting your new samsung galaxy s5 phone from nicks and scraps.
This is the perfect belt clip carrying holster case for your Samsung Galaxy S5.
ps: it's only $9 :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yay! Thanks so much :) I didn't buy the $30 case as it doesn't mention that it can be used with the Otterbox Defender. He needs to keep the Otterbox AND have a holster like this to keep it in. But, on the same page as the one you linked to, there were other suggestions and this was one of them...
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Leather-Samsung-otterbox-Lifeproof/dp/B00J0R61I4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BNE4NB22CJBGEDZ178F ...
Specifically designed for Samsung Galaxy S5 S 5 with one additional thick case installed such as otterbox commuter, defender case.
This case will be too big for a naked Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.
This pouch is equipped with one durable belt clip plus 2 additional secure belt loops and front magnetic closure
Stylish design with soft inner lining helps protecting your new samsung galaxy s5 phone from nicks and scraps.
This is the perfect belt clip carrying holster case for your Samsung Galaxy S5.
ps: it's only $9 :)

That's an entertainment value!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Holster came today. It's perfect! Exactly what he needed. If anyone has an Otterbox Defender case and wants even more protection that a holster can offer, this one is large enough to accommodate the extra thickness.