Google music issues.

freightguy70

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
So heres a question. Currently i am using Google music. At times the music volume will just lower itself. Other times switching songs the new song playing will start off gobbled for a few and then straighten itself out.

I was also using Spotify before and had the same issue. That was the reason i stopped using Spotify. So to me it seems like these subscription services are having some kind and of an issue.

Ive searched the internet for some answers and nada. I will say it only seems to happen when i have the EQ on. Once off the issue seems to go away.

Ive tried other EQs and still same problem. Just curious as to whether or not someone knew a workaround for this.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using any kind of headset? Sometimes wired headsets can send wonky signals if defective or if you're using a headset with incompatible music controls.

Once I tried an iPhone headset and from the moment I plugged it into my phone, the volume went all the way down, and then pressing the play button would make things rewind randomly.

freightguy70

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I will have to double check that. I have a pair of astros which i think i dont have a problem with. The headset in question now that you bring it up is beats by dre. They are earbuds. Hmm good question some exploring will be in the works. Thanks for the tip.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Are you streaming the music or playing it locally off of the phone or an SD card? Are you in an area with solid reception if you are streaming?

With my S5, after I initially setup Google Music, I noticed it was streaming songs in my library rather than playing the ones I had downloaded. Well, it was playing those along with streaming songs. The only reason I noticed (aside from my Verizon Wireless data usage widget showing an increase) was that some of the songs played back as if they were streaming over a bad internet connection. They would go from sounding fine to sounding like they were being streamed over a dial-up connection with warbly vocals, hi-hats that were smeared, and everything sounded badly compressed (like satellite radio but a tad worse). I enabled streaming over wi-fi only and made Google Music display songs that had only been downloaded, that fixed the issue.

The headset could be the problem too if they (or their cable) is damaged. Some units with in-line remotes behave differently when they are used with Android devices. I have a pair of Beats (2013 Studio models) and haven't had any issues when using the straight 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and the one with an in-line remote (only the play/pause button works, I stopped using it once Google updated Android Wear to 4.4W2). The audio quality hasn't been affected, just the performance of the in-line remote.