Still don't have KK 4.4.4

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Update: Already Flashed Lollipop on my S5 via Odin. Disappointed in Samsung for not providing any animations except for those annoying bubbles. But hey, at least I got Lollipop. :) Right now it's pretty buggy and I think you guys will get 5.0.1

Was wondering, does any of you S5 owners out there already have the latest KitKat update? (I'm in the Philippines and this is a SMART locked version.)

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Neither do I. I'm in the UK and am still on 4.4.2. I think think next update I will get is lollipop around March next year!

Posted from my S5

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, news is the update is already rolling out... It's nice (well, not nice) to know that I am not the only one having this issue.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Updates are made by Google, amended by smartphone manufacturers, and distributed by the wireless carriers. At this point it sounds like the U.S. wireless carriers are ahead of the game as some of us (like me) have been running 4.4.4 for a couple of months. I think my S5 was updated at the end of August, maybe early September. You can contact your wireless carrier for more information, that's about the best you can do at this point.

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Well this might be a problem, I don't know if the carrier needs to approve the update in my country or not since it's really not such a big modern carrier.

Plus I bought mine off contract (but it's still locked), is it really dependant on the carriers?

P. S. If you're in the Philippines and know SMART, do you know if they handle the updates or not?

Stosh Isarockin

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Why would Google spend money money updating 4.4.2 while spending money on 5.0 and releasing them both months apart? My s5 is from Sprint. Am I waiting on one update or two?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Didn't the verizon or sprint users who got the 4.4.4 update have a lot of issues? How is 4.4.4 the most bug free?

Posted via Android Central App

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea AT&T was skipping 4.4.4.

I'm still rocking 4.4.2 on my AT&T S5 and now I guess I can stop hitting the "check for updates" button in settings trying to get something that'll never come...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante