Galaxy s5 multimedia message issues

Jaybird8805

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, new to the droid operating system and the forum. I have had my s5 for about days now and I am experiencing issues with mms when I am connect to WiFi. I understand that my data needs to be on which it is. Auto receive messages is also on. If I am in 4g I have no issues. As soon as I come home where I have not as good service my messages won't load. If I turn WiFi off they will though. After 3 days of owning this phone I'm about ready to take it back and go back with an iphone which I had a 4 and 5 and never had this issue with sending and receiving mms. Does anyone know of an actual fix other than downloading a third party messaging app. To me this isn't a fix. I am on verizon network and phone was purchased new

5picker

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe VZ allows MMS over wifi. Neither does ATT. I think Sprint & T-Mobile do. I realize you said your iphone did. Perhaps those MMS's were to other iphone users? That would be an imessage and a totally different way of sending.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
A few things: With the iPhone, if you were sending MMS messages to another iPhone user it was going over iMessage and NOT the carriers voice. What that means is that iMessages go through the Data portion of it, true SMS and MMS go through the carriers Voice network (not Data). If you were on an iPhone and tried sending an MMS to a non-iPhone user, you would have the same issues as you are having now as the iPhone would NOT send it over iMessage (since the other user is not an iPhoen user) and would send the MMS over the carriers Voice network.

I am constantly sending Picture messages to a number of people, some with iPhones and others with Android phones. When I send to other Android users, I send the picture message using Hangouts (which is similar to iMessage) therefore it all goes over the Data network. When I send them to iPhone users, since they do not have Hangouts (which they actually can download from the App store), then it goes over standard MMS Voice.

Jaybird8805

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand that imessage is an apple product and only works between their devices. I just don't understand is that with this phone when I am at my house and connect to WiFi with cellular data on also my messages don't download when being received on the standard messaging app. When I turn off WiFi and try to re-download the message it downloads. This only happens at my house where my cell service isn't the greatest but do have 3g. Just seems weird to me that with my iPhone I could send and receive media messages just fine from Android phones with being connect to WiFi and cell data on

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech