How do I keep emails deleted on my S5 from being deleted on my computer?

rcorona106

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Outlook at work and receive my work emails on my S5. I want to be able to delete messages on my phone but still keep them on my computer. How do I do that?

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you know off hand if this is an exchange account? If it is, I've not discovered a way to leave messages on the server as of yet.

netennis

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my new Motorola Droid Tubo. I have worked with Motorola and Verizon tech supports without any remedy. I have MSN email service.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Being a network admin and having administered Exchange for 12 years from 5.5 to 2010 for 2500 users I can tell you that it is not an option. your email is in your trash even at work when you delete it and depending on the policies your admin has set you can even retrieve deleted items from an emptied trash can for a period of time if needed.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If there is such a server setting I have never seen it. But no one at my org has ever asked for what your asking either.

DETOFM3

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue....have always had my work email on an android based phone....work switched to G5 phones...now mail does not stay on phone once MS Office is opened on desktop. This is true of 10 other phones all switched to G5......

We want to be able to keep emails on the phone, and delete as we wish. Perhaps this is a simple fix, but I'm stumped....I've not had this issue in the past.

If desktop MS Office is closed we receive our emails...if open, we receive none on the G5 and those you do receive disappear when you open MS Office.

Can anyone help me??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey