Screen scratch

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I had an S4 before and am now a proud owner of an S5, I did notice a nick or two on the screen when I wipe it goes away only to come back a short time later

I've only had it a few days and I'm going to out a protective cover

Anyone have this also and is it a permanent scratch? Are there any way to thoroughly clean the screen display?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a glass screen protector but took it off once it developed a crack. As good as gorilla glass is, if you aren't super protective of your screen you will pick up lots of little superficial scratches. Mine can only be seen when the phone screen is off and I angle it against a light. My guess is the scratch on yours is so light that when you wipe it the the fingerprint coating temporarily fills it in.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes exact I have to angle it a certain way in the light with the screen off, what ticks me off is that I haven't even had the s5 for a week and I'm usually careful

I just put a screen protector and the scratch is actually less noticeable

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I had an S4 before and am now a proud owner of an S5, I did notice a nick or two on the screen when I wipe it goes away only to come back a short time later

I've only had it a few days and I'm going to out a protective cover

Anyone have this also and is it a permanent scratch? Are there any way to thoroughly clean the screen display?

Thanks

You can try toothpaste. Put a dab on the screen... take a damp rag and wipe in a circular motion and use a dry rag to wipe it clean. OR... put a screen protector on it. That should conceal it pretty well.. if not all the way.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually just put a screen protector on that I got from getting an otterbox but I don't like it, the protector is very visible and there is slight friction when I scroll with my finger, can anyone recommend the best one out there that is really clear and feels like I'm actually touching the screen?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03