Can't send/receive images while on calls

Daniel D1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm finally fed up with this and wondering if theres a fix out there?! When on a voice call, I can't send or receive any picture text messages until I get off the phone call. I've never had this problem with iphone 3/4/5, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever see that commercial from AT&T where someone is on the phone in a restaurant and trying to settle a bet so using the Internet at the same time? I'm pretty sure the tagline was "only AT&T let's you use the Internet while talking on your iPhone". What you take from this is unless you have AT&T AND an iPhone, you can't do this. This was a couple years back so it may be different but as the above poster said, you definitely can't do it with Sprint.

eMarkable

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This has two components. If you are strictly on cell towers (3G, 4G) then it matters if you provider offers duplex communication. If you are connected by WiFi you could still get Internet while talking on the phone. I had Sprint and that worked. I now have T-Mobile and it works there too. I moved to T-Mobile cause I get lousy cell signal at home and they are the only provider that has WiFi Calling. I can make and receive calls, and texts with no signal bars if I am on WiFi. This feature rocks!

Posted via the Android Central App

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This has two components. If you are strictly on cell towers (3G, 4G) then it matters if you provider offers duplex communication. If you are connected by WiFi you could still get Internet while talking on the phone. I had Sprint and that worked. I now have T-Mobile and it works there too. I moved to T-Mobile cause I get lousy cell signal at home and they are the only provider that has WiFi Calling. I can make and receive calls, and texts with no signal bars if I am on WiFi. This feature rocks!

Posted via the Android Central App
Sprint too has wifi calling.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a good friend on AT&T who is a trucker... he is always browsing the internet while we are talking on the phones.
He is using a Galaxy S4.

I have Verizon and they are not supporting that feature presently which I gripe about a lot.

I can Text SMS no problems, but not MMS while talking.

Unless I have a 4g signal, the internet is useless for me.
3g is almost as bad as 1x in my rural area. I can get text pages and read news articles as long as they don't contain videos. Pictures download slow as molasses in January.

SMorey

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm finally fed up with this and wondering if theres a fix out there?! When on a voice call, I can't send or receive any picture text messages until I get off the phone call. I've never had this problem with iphone 3/4/5, etc.

Any ideas?

Than5ks
I actually called Samsung, bcause it really annoyed me as well. I could always do this on my S5. I thought it was just a setting in the S7edge, but it's actually the new software. They took that capability away. 😣

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1