Why isn't my Android KitKat on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth not working on my Honda Civic 2012?

fkamaluddin

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Android kit kat on samsung galaxy S5 bluetooth not working on honda civic 2012

Hello,
Just purchased Samsung S5 and updated it as well to the latest android version, kit kat . Bluetooth music and text read out do not push through the bluetooth from phone to the car bluetooth. Incoming calls work for 5-7 min and bluetooth for call drops off as well.

Is there any resolution for this? Will the next android update fix this bluetooth issue with the honda bluetooth compatibility?

My old phone bluetooth (HTC) works just fine and the latest and greatest S5 does not so it is a little annoying that a simple feature for a phone this expensive does not function. Samsung says it is a compatibility issue but what i dont understand why was the bluetooth communication protocol changed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android kit kat on samsung galaxy S5 bluetooth not working on honda civic 2012

Welcome to Android Central! So you've actually contacted Samsung directly about this issue? You've already gone to Settings>Bluetooth>[Honda bluetooth], and made sure that Media Audio is checked on?

fkamaluddin

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android kit kat on samsung galaxy S5 bluetooth not working on honda civic 2012

Yes i have contacted samsung directly and yes the audio on bluetooth is checked. Its not only related to the audio, the text messages do not push through bluetooth as well. The phone call pushes through the bluetooth but only for 5-7 min and then calls gets dropped off from bluetooth, but call still active on the phone. Samsung also checked all my settings on the phone, safe mode etc by remotely connecting my S5.

I also called Honda and they said that this issue is known since Kit Kat got released and majority of the honda car's bluetooths are affected by this. they are hoping that andriod will push the fix for this in their next update. Though is there a work around for this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If it's a known problem with the Bluetooth connection, then the only workaround I can think of would be a separate Bluetooth handsfree speaker for your car.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

fkamaluddin

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

Well it became evident with kit kat. would lollipop have the fix for this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

One would hope--although it could be more of a Samsung issue rather than an Android one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac