Internet page

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean the last page? The last page of the website? The most recent browser tab?

If you have multiple tabs open, you should be able to see all of your tabs by tapping the multi-tab icon, usually at the top of the browser screen. Once you can see all of the tabs, you can scroll through and swipe away or "X" out of any you want to close, and select any tab to go there.

lfd159

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The screen will only go to the last web page I had up. It will not open a new one if I go from a link into web. Also when I click on the tabs it brings down the other pages I went to but if I touch one or try to close it, I get a message that says ( internet has stopped ). Between this and a hand full of other things it and my wife's S5 is doing, I deeply regret switching from the Iphone. This is our first android phone and so far I hate it. The only way to get to new page is delete my history and pages. Big pain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that the Chrome browser doesn't have a Homepage button, and I don't think the stock Browser has one either--so it's normal that if you open the browser, it will open to the last page you were on. There are other browsers like Dolphin that have a Homepage button, so you could give those a try.

If your browser is giving you errors like that, go to the App Manager, select the browser, and tap Force Close, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open it and try again.

What other issues are you having? Perhaps if we can help clear them up, you won't hate it so much.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I know what the OP is saying. This has happened to me a few times. I've had to restart the phone, clear cache etc. Say I'm on Facebook and I see a cool story from huffington or drudge whatever, I click on the link and my last page I viewed is there and not the link I selected and it doesn't show up in the tabs...simply won't load in the new page, just reverts to whatever was the last page you were using the web for. Not sure what's up with that but yeah that could make you hate a phone

lfd159

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hit the nail on the head. Words are not my strong suit. Went into app manager, internet is not in list. I did start using Crome. I like it. But still, I should not have the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20