How do I setup Yahoo mail on the Samsung Galaxy S5?

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: cannot setup yahoo mail on Samsung galaxy s5

Me too, using a Go Daddy email account. I've already contacted both Samsung and Go Daddy without any resolution yet. I was advised to reset my phone to factory default, but I am exhausting every option before I do that. Ken from Go Daddy is looking into it...keeping my fingers crossed!

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Yahoo works on my S5 (Sprint). You did grab the Yahoo app from the Play Store right? It's easier than trying to setup the *stock* email app. "Authentication failed" *usually* indicates a problem with login.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Me too, using a Go Daddy email account. I've already contacted both Samsung and Go Daddy without any resolution yet. I was advised to reset my phone to factory default, but I am exhausting every option before I do that. Ken from Go Daddy is looking into it...keeping my fingers crossed!

Bluemail is capable being used for yahoo as well as your GoDaddy account. My website and website email are both with GoDaddy and work fine with Bluemail..

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Blue mail in my opinion is the best email app for Android. It supports many email services..
It is in the Google Play store..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Tjk230

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I've been using the Gmail app for my yahoo account, it's working great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rick Esenwine

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I use the myMail app. It is very quick, easy to use, and accommodates all my email accounts. Its look is very similar to the new Gmail set-up.

S5 on VZW

queen70003

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

Try this....
To setup your device mail client, you need to create an app password on Yahoo, in your account Info section (my mobile is a LG3) .
Sign into Yahoo Mail as you normally do on a Desktop Computer (can not do on a mobile device). Go to (top right). Help then Account Info . Scroll down to Sign- In and Security , Setup your second sign-in verification, click onto. It will bring you back to sign into Mail, go on and sign in, it then will bring you to Set up your sign-in verification. Go down to App passwords. Click onto Generate app password. It will generate your password that you then use as your password on your mobile device mail client. You will only use this password this one time . When entering your app password on your device, all you do is key in your ID/name and the app password, then click next. You then name it and next/done.

Hope this helps! It took me a while to find this info on Yahoo, hopefully I save you the trouble. Good luck!!

if there is a way to contact me on here you can do, to get link- new here so not sure..lol

queen70003

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

To setup your device mail client, you need to create an app password on Yahoo, in your account Info section (my mobile is a LG3) .
Sign into Yahoo Mail as you normally do on a Desktop Computer (can not do on a mobile device). Go to (top right). Help then Account Info . Scroll down to Sign- In and Security , Setup your second sign-in verification, click onto. It will bring you back to sign into Mail, go on and sign in, it then will bring you to Set up your sign-in verification. Go down to App passwords. Click onto Generate app password. It will generate your password that you then use as your password on your mobile device mail client. You will only use this password this one time . When entering your app password on your device, all you do is key in your ID/name and the app password, then click next. You then name it and next/done.

Hope this helps! It took me a while to find this info on Yahoo, hopefully I save you the trouble. Good luck!!

if there is a way to contact me on here you can do, to get link- new here so not sure..lol

Anne Wolf

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Finally, someone understood my dilemma!! Thank you!! Verizon was clueless as to how to set up my Yahoo mail on the Samsung Galaxy 6. It would be helpful if Yahoo did not make it so difficult to set up. I was using the Yahoo app, but it was draining my data. I am able to use the Email app (for Yahoo), and life is good.

Powakee

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Queen70003 - you are not just a Queen . . . .you are an angel. Thank you. You are most kind with your assistance.

joe zeher

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello yahoo people.

The problem is that At&T merged with yahoo email.

Since the merge, there are glitches and they need to create new software to correct
the glitch.

Here's the fix: Go to the play store and type in; yahoo mail (with a space).

Download and install to your device.

Yahoo email will be in your apps where you can login and start using your yahoo account.

At&T techs are working on a software solution and will update all yahoo users.

This fix may also help with other cell phone providers.

I hope this is helpful with all frustrated yahoo account users.

Joe Zeher

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's also this relatively new issue with Yahoo making it harder to use email client apps: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html. They call it a security "feature" to prevent email clients from accessing Yahoo, but I suspect it was part of their public response to the huge security breach they had in 2014. I would turn off that security option if you want to continue using email client apps for Yahoo Mail; otherwise, install the Yahoo Mail app, as joe zeher suggested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae