How do I get my Text App Vibration back?

Maelstrom65

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
No Text App Vibration

I just did an upgrade to the S5 from an S3. Overall, I love the new phone but I have an annoying problem regarding the Text App and Vibration. I recently updated the ROM to 4.4.2 (It's a Virgin Mobile Canada device) and after doing so, text messages no longer cause the device to vibrate. I have vibration only set in the sound options AND haveit set to vibrate in the Text Messaging app as well. The vibration function works as the phone vibrates for other reasons such as Haptic Feedback or the Facebook Messenger app. I've restarte the phone, set everything to default and the recustomized it but to no avail. Handed the phone to a buddy of mine and he turned off and turned on the vibrate function just for the hell of it and it worked...for about 10 min and no it doesn't again.

I've done a search for simialr issues from other uses but have come up blankl so, here I am asing for the community's help.

Cheers

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: No Text App Vibration

Since you just updated your OS, I'd suggest a reboot into recovery mode and cache partition clear. Seems to help with many mystery glitches.

Maelstrom65

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply. I rebooted into recovery mode and wiped my cache. No effect...still no vibration in the texting app. Just for fun, I downloaded and installed Textra and it has the same issue :(

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

That's a strange one. It sounds like you've done everything there is to do. Somewhere in there is a weird conflict that stops your texting app from doing what its supposed to do.

I'm always reluctant to recommend a factory reset because that's a pain, but I have no other ideas. Sorry.