Nova launcher and wallpaper problem

mrcpuhead

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest Nova Launcher installed, and a 3rd party active wallpaper. Whenever I restart my phone, the wallpaper changes from the 3rd party selection to one of the stock Samsung wallpapers.
Any ideas?

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the wallpaper isn't stored on the external SD card. The live walls need to be stored on device or restarts will cause that. Same with widgets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mrcpuhead

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Make sure the wallpaper isn't stored on the external SD card. The live walls need to be stored on device or restarts will cause that. Same with widgets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That did the trick! It does raise two questions: Why would the wallpaper app allow itself to be moved to the external card? More importantly, why does android treat the external card differently than the internal storage? Storage is storage as far as a Linux based OS is concerned.

DaShirtBoy

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Whenever a kernel runs the system call, it populates based on the primary hard drive first, then picks the other storage drives later for a faster boot cycle. The phone's internal storage is the primary, because it's where the OS is installed.

I didn't think that the wallpaper reference would get dropped on a reboot though. Thanks Expydude for the info! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy