Fastest way to launch Google Now in Listening... mode

niraj246

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've been a long time iOS user who recently switched to Galaxy S5. I've been playing with plenty of settings but there are a few things I haven't figured out and maybe this community can help me.

In iOS, I could always launch Siri by pressing & holding home button. How do I do so in S5. I've got to the point where Google Now is my default voice app instead of S-Voice. And pressing & holding home button opens Google Now, but it's not in listening mode. I've to press the mic button in the top right corner (difficult for one handed operation) to get there. Also I've universal "ok google" configured to launch google now, but it doesn't work well & reliably in moderately noisy environment. I really just want to have something similar to how I used to launch Siri by press & hold on home button.

Is it possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Whenever Google Now comes up, it ought to be ready to listen. When you bring up Google Now, swipe in from the left and tap Settings>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection, and make sure "From Google Search App" is turned on.

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way, easier than Siri, is to:

1. Go into Google Now
2. Scroll down to settings (all the way at bottom)
3. Click "Voice"
4. Click "OK Google" Detection
5. Check all 3 boxes
6. Train your voice (right below)

Boom! Now you can just say "Ok Google" from any screen, including your Lock Screen, and it will open ready to listen!