finally

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally fixed the charging port cover on my S5 im ecstatic. Cost me 3 bucks good as new. Brought 2 replacements so wen eventually the wifes port breaks she wont have to suffer. Now aint gotta worry bout droppn my S5 in the toilet. Get a water resistant phone #lifesaver

Posted via the Android Central App

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. I bought 5 extra since they were so cheap. Replaced the original one and never had an issue again.

I got mine off eBay. Took me 2 minutes.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to replace mine, but it will make me mad when it breaks off again lol . $5 is nothing, but it's the principal. Samsung should be replacing this for free imo.

Posted via Android Central App

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Bought mine in June...am I going to have to do this every 5 months???

I dont think so.. seems like the replacement has a little more slack on it. When I took off the broken one I noticed an adhesive around the srew. The rubber seem to go around the screw. It mad it so wen u open and close the port u were actually constantly bending the rubber back and forth which eventually caused it to snap. The replacment has a lot more give to it. So it should be less stress on the rubber. And the little silver cap actually seems to lock in place tighter which is a plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2