Why are all email addresses (anyone I write to) being added to contacts on Galaxy S5?

pawboy

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
My business entails answering emails from prospective clients for rentals, when I answer them from my phone, their email is automatically added to my contacts.

It also may be that I am using MyMail as my email program and even when I answer them form my laptop, the addresses are automatically added. I think this may likely be the more likely culprit.

How can I stop this?

New to the forum, TIA.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
make sure you don't have the phone linked to an external Contacts List.....

The first time I turned my phone on, all of the contacts got double, tripled, and quadrupled up.... PITA

I had to do a Factory Reset to get rid of that crap....

But, if your carrier has Contacts Backup like Verizon does, you can fix it simply by unlocking/unsyncing external web sites and their apps. Then you go to the carrier's website and force the Backup Assistant (Verizon) to overwrite the ContactsList in your phone.

Works like a champ..... I have had to do that several times over the last few phones I have activated.... it is a lot easier than Factory Resets. Only takes about 30 seconds and it is done.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Phone/settings /contacts/ contacts to show/ only contacts wth numbers or contacts on device. You mite have it set to show all contacts. I believe the S5 stores every # u contact emails phone#s and your face book contacts. Dont know how to actually stop it from doing it. But the settings above will give the the options of what contacts to display im sure of tht. Hope this helps

Posted via the Android Central App

pawboy

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not have an address book, only contacts

AZ, I am in Mexico, good ole Telcel. And yes, I had multiple backups as well, I thought it was die to me enabling the Sync function, which is now disabled.

Telcels site is terrible, and even though my Spanish is quite good, I would not be able to navigate their site and I doubt they have that type of funcionality. Sigh.....

pawboy

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Bsettz, you may be on to something there, will work on it ..... I will have to wait as I did my weekly delete of 80 or so contacts earlier today.