How do I get the camera on the lock screen on my new Galaxy S5 (Australian unlocked G900I)?

David_004

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
No camera on lock screen on new Galaxy S5 (Australian unlocked G900I)

I have just purchased my first Android phone and have discovered to my horror that the lock screen camera widget does not work. This is a really important feature for me. Possibly even a deal breaker. In my Settings > Lock Screen I do get an option to include the camera widget but it does not appear. I read somewhere that this is an issue with Australian devices.

I have tried Cover and Go Locker. Both include a camera on the lock screen but it cannot be used without unlocking the phone.

Any suggestions?

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: No camera on lock screen on new Galaxy S5 (Australian unlocked G900I)

I'm in Australia and with the latest updates mine works fine. Originally there was never the option untill the last couple of updates.

HK Crazee

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

No camera option for me either. I've just updated from Settings>About Device>Software Update - is that where you did your update to get the camera on the lockscreen?

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

No camera option for me either. I've just updated from Settings>About Device>Software Update - is that where you did your update to get the camera on the lockscreen?

Yeah i just did software update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy