Why am I not able to receive Emoji's in texts?

thoughtsyoustole

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Not Receiving Emoji in Texts

I have a GalaxyS5 running on 4.4.2 (the latest from my carrier) I've never been able to see emoji in texts. It didn't bother me until recently when it seems everyone has gotten on the emoji bandwagon.

I can send emoji and I can see them and everyone else can see them just fine but when they send them its just jibberish on my end.

I've tried a bunch of different apps with plugins and no dice. I've also scanned the phone through AVG and there's no virus.

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not Receiving Emoji in Texts

My wife had the same problem. There was a setting someplace that I had to switch to enable it. I do not have an Andriod and my wife is new to it, so I cannot remember where that setting was. I do know that there was a setting that I had to switch on.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Hmm no idea, I just looked all through my s5 to see if I could find the setting pvcleave described but I couldnt. Maybe take it back to where you bought it. They might be able to help you out.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I have a GalaxyS5 running on 4.4.2 (the latest from my carrier) I've never been able to see emoji in texts. It didn't bother me until recently when it seems everyone has gotten on the emoji bandwagon.

I can send emoji and I can see them and everyone else can see them just fine but when they send them its just jibberish on my end.

I've tried a bunch of different apps with plugins and no dice. I've also scanned the phone through AVG and there's no virus.

My wife had the same problem. There was a setting someplace that I had to switch to enable it. I do not have an Andriod and my wife is new to it, so I cannot remember where that setting was. I do know that there was a setting that I had to switch on.

Go to settings < messages < text messages < input mode < and select automatic.

MBasset

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I checked the input mode for texts, and it was set to 'automatic', yet I can't see emojis sent to me from any type of phone. Using the Galaxy 5.