Why won't my Galaxy S5 charge with the original charger?

mygalaxysux

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5 Won't Charge with Original Charger

I've had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for about 3 months now and I haven't had any problems charging it with the original charger or other ones until recently. When plug it in and try to charge it, I get an error message that says "the power adapter you connected is not compatible with this device" and wants me to use the original adapter. However, even if I use the original one this error message pops up and my phone refuses to charge properly. I have tried using other USBs and other outlets in my house, and tried plugging it into my laptop and charging it that way, but none of those methods work. I have also tried cleaning the charging ports in my phone and that doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks!

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 Won't Charge with Original Charger

I've had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for about 3 months now and I haven't had any problems charging it with the original charger or other ones until recently. When plug it in and try to charge it, I get an error message that says "the power adapter you connected is not compatible with this device" and wants me to use the original adapter. However, even if I use the original one this error message pops up and my phone refuses to charge properly. I have tried using other USBs and other outlets in my house, and tried plugging it into my laptop and charging it that way, but none of those methods work. I have also tried cleaning the charging ports in my phone and that doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks!

stop by a store that has the phone and see if your phone will charge there. (Verizon, AT&T, BestBuy, etc)

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

My Blackberry used to do that. Try rebooting your phone. You might also want to take the battery out for a few minutes and then put it back in. See if your phone will now charge with the original charger.

Posted via Android Central App

HBB440

May 19, 2015
Visit site
mine has started that as well. i use both types of charges - hard wired (std genuine) and wireless. same message for both....
it is time to give it a sea burial....?

Steve Colston

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

I just experienced the exact problem with my s5 I've had for almost a year now... I took it to Verizon store and nothing they plugged in it worked. We then tried the folding cover that snaps on the back with the original back removed. This sits on the pad that charges the phone. This worked showing it it's a USB port issue. So not a software one.... anyway at least it charges now ;) do not use wireless ones because it is a USB port issue ...the charger I used snaps to the back of phone

Jasonpelavin

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site

I have had this problem off and on since I got my s5 for a while now.

Solution: remove the back cover, remove the battery and wait until it cools down completely and/or 5 min or so... reinstall the battery and back cover and plug in the charger. I've had better results with the phone off until at least half way charged. The fast charger seems to be less reliable than the regular mini usb charger.

Problem: I think either the phone is getting too hot or the battery is slightly unseated. I've noticed that this happens when I'm heavily using the phone in my pocket for long periods of time , ie. Pandora running all day..etc. My phone has a rubber case but not a hard case. It's possible that the phone gets too hot, or crap gets in the usb port but blowing out the port never worked for me.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888