Browsing History Won't Clear

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
In Chrome, I go to history, check all the relevant boxes, press clear etc, open google, put cursor in box, and my three most recent searches appear. Weird. Does the S5 have some unusual protocol?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Clearing your browsing history from Chrome is not the same as clearing your search history from Google Search. To do the latter, you have to go into Google settings (either "settings" at the bottom of the google.com page while you are logged in, or the Google Settings App in your app drawer). Using the app, you'd go to search & now, accounts & privacy, and pick Manage Web History. There is also an option to turn off saving your search history.

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I could not find something called "google settings app", though I may not know what my app drawer is. I went to application manager. I did try using settings at the bottom of the google page, but it would not let me erase all of my history at once. Only a few days at a time. Is there a way to clear all of it in one step?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
On your "dock" - the row at the bottom of your home screen - there's an icon that's just a circle with some dots on it? Touch that and it will open your app drawer. This shows all the apps installed on the phone, including the ones that do not have a shortcut icon on your home screens. You'll see a Google G and next to it a gear called Google Settings.

To do it in the browser: the page where it lets you do just a few at a time? You see "only you can view your history"? To the right is a gear icon. Touch that and there will be a choice to delete all of the search history.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I like Android and the Google ecosystem and will probably never change. But "intuitive" wouldn't make my list of its greatest strengths.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37