Samsung S5 MHL/HDMI connection

Kelly Unen

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, just wondering if anyone has used the "MHL 2.0 HDTV Smart Adapter" specially made by Samsung? I went to Future Shop on the weekend and the associate said he also had the S5 and it works fine with his phone however when I went home I plugged everything in and it says "HDMI Connected" then 3 seconds later it says "HDMI disconnected" ... this happens over and over and never does work. My boyfriend has the S3 and it works perfectly fine so I know its not the connection. I did call Samsung and they guy told me that the adapter isn't made to work with the S5 yet because it's got that double port that the S3 and S4 doesn't have. So my question is ... is there a way to change a setting to make it work? How on earth did that Future Shop guy get his to work!! All I am trying to do is stream movies from [redacted]! Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure which adapter you're using, but if it works with the S3, it should work with the S5. The double port has nothing to do with this as USB 3 is totally compatible with USB 2, which is the port that MHL uses. Samsung DID change the pinout from the S2 to the S3 and onwards, so that's the only ones that are not compatible.

Have you tried it with another S5 to see if that works? Maybe rule out a connection problem with your phone

dave103069

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my s5. Bought the samsung 2.0 adapter and once I attached the power supply the hdmi disconnects and then connects and so on ever few seconds. I did notice however is if I remove the power supply it seems to work but that defeats the purpose of having a power supply. Anyone have a solution out there please!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol