I can't change my lock screen options! Help PLEASE!!!!

roberteva

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed FoxFi on my phone today and it required me to use a PIN to lock my screen. I've decided I don't like it and want to change it back to a pattern unlock but when I go to my settings and the lock screen option everything is greyed out except PIN lock or Password lock. I uninstalled FoxFi hoping that I could change these settings but no dice. Can someone please. Thanks in advance.

roberteva

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Tried a restart. No go. It says those options have been turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage. Ughhhh!

roberteva

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I got it! I cleared credentials and it enabled the other options. I hope I didn't screw something else up in the process. Thanks.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got it! I cleared credentials and it enabled the other options. I hope I didn't screw something else up in the process. Thanks.

Nope, you did exactly what you were supposed to do.

FoxFi is a jerk for requiring us to pinlock the phone.
Before I and the forum was aware that clearing credentials would "fix the problem", I went thru a lot of pain and did a Factory Reset to "fix it". Totally unnecessary too.

roberteva

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I was literally about 1 minute away from factory resetting my phone to fix the issue. The credential clear was the last thing I was going to try before resetting the phone and spending the next 3 hours get it re-setup before I had to use again for work tomorrow. Whew! Dodged a bullet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay