Replying to texts from another phone possible?

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have two phones. A work phone and personal phone. I rarely text on my work phone, but when I do would like to be able to send and receive them from my personal phone. Is there any application or way to do this? Hopefully it makes sense what I am asking.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Run a VNC server on your work phone and a VNC viewer or client on your personal phone. Then you can run your work phone using your personal phone.

I don't see why, if you have both phones available (they'll have to be on the same network unless you want to open a port on the network the work phone is on), you care which keyboard and screen you use to send and receive texts, though. (Texts work by phone number, since they're phone calls as far as the telephone network is concerned, so you can't directly receive a text that's calling one phone on another phone. The phone receiving the text has to be using the phone number that the text is being sent to. Sending a text - the text gets sent from the number of the phone that's sending it.)

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Run a VNC server on your work phone and a VNC viewer or client on your personal phone. Then you can run your work phone using your personal phone.

I don't see why, if you have both phones available (they'll have to be on the same network unless you want to open a port on the network the work phone is on), you care which keyboard and screen you use to send and receive texts, though. (Texts work by phone number, since they're phone calls as far as the telephone network is concerned, so you can't directly receive a text that's calling one phone on another phone. The phone receiving the text has to be using the phone number that the text is being sent to. Sending a text - the text gets sent from the number of the phone that's sending it.)

It's because I only get random calls on my work phone and don't use it much more unlessI get random texts on it, so I don't always have it on me 24/7 like my personal phone. I will have to look into the VNC option though.

What carrier do you use on your personal phone?

My personal is Sprint Note 4, Work is a Verizon S5

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Since you are on Sprint you can do what you want. Do the Sprint/Google voice integration. It will allow you to make your sprint number your Google voice number. Then do the SMS integration in hangouts on your work phone. You'll be able to send and receive texts as your sprint number.