Has my phone been rooted?

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me out.

I bought my wife a Galaxy s5 for at&t on Swappa. The listing said it was brand new and when it came it looked brand new and seemed legit so took it at&t and got her Sim card and all was well.

Fast forward a month. Every 3 or 4 days she gets a message on her phone that says "Not registered on network" we took it the at&t store and the girl told us this only happens with phones that have been rooted.

From what I see its not rooted. Anyone know if I can tell if it was ever rooted and returned to stock before it was sold to me?

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
i also got that message 2 times before already, i believe. but that was because i went to a place where signal strength was weak (i know coz there's no bars at all) then that message popped up. all i did was restart my phone and all went well again. your wife's might be caused by a different issue so might as well still look into it.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
i also got that message 2 times before already, i believe. but that was because i went to a place where signal strength was weak (i know coz there's no bars at all) then that message popped up. all i did was restart my phone and all went well again. your wife's might be caused by a different issue so might as well still look into it.

I dont think signal is the issue. We have a at&t microsite (femtocell) so the coverage is 100%.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me out.

I bought my wife a Galaxy s5 for at&t on Swappa. The listing said it was brand new and when it came it looked brand new and seemed legit so took it at&t and got her Sim card and all was well.

Fast forward a month. Every 3 or 4 days she gets a message on her phone that says "Not registered on network" we took it the at&t store and the girl told us this only happens with phones that have been rooted.

From what I see its not rooted. Anyone know if I can tell if it was ever rooted and returned to stock before it was sold to me?

You can download this or several other apps in the Play Store to see if the device is rooted, with just a push if a button. Search for "check root" or just download this one and uninstall it when you are finished.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.avaranasoftware.checkroot&token=-aP_YeEM

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
i found some articles by just simply doing a google search with samsung Not registered on network.
i read it has something to do with the phone not recognizing the network operator, which made sense to me. as i said, a simple restart worked for me but since your's obviously didn't, try google. there's a ton of fixes that might work rooted or not.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
@kelly Kearns I know that it's not rooted right now. I'm just curious to find out if it ever was. The seller listed it as brand new. If it was rooted at some point it's not brand new and I wanna get my money back. I need to act quickly because the longer I want the harder it will be to dispute the charges with my cc company.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
@kelly Kearns I know that it's not rooted right now. I'm just curious to find out if it ever was. The seller listed it as brand new. If it was rooted at some point it's not brand new and I wanna get my money back. I need to act quickly because the longer I want the harder it will be to dispute the charges with my cc company.

Is it isn't rooted now and Knox isn't tripped, shouldn't matter. I would take it to the Samsung Counter at Best Buy first. They can tell you if Knox has been tripped. Just rooting the phone doesn't hurt it and even a soft brick can be fixed by flashing the Samsung firmware on it and unrooting it.

Also, did AT&T give you a new SIM card?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Is it isn't rooted now and Knox isn't tripped, shouldn't matter. I would take it to the Samsung Counter at Best Buy first. They can tell you if Knox has been tripped. Just rooting the phone doesn't hurt it and even a soft brick can be fixed by flashing the Samsung firmware on it and unrooting it.

Also, did AT&T give you a new SIM card?

All you need to do to see if Knox has been tripped is to install this app.
It will tell you everything you want to know about a Samsung Phone.

* Phone INFO ★Samsung★ - Android Apps on Google Play

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital